cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does overdraft / line of credit account count towards util?

tag
HoosierSue

Does overdraft / line of credit account count towards util?

I have a $2000 overdraft protection / line of credit account that was tied to my checking account at my credit union.  I closed the checking account a few months ago & recently paid off the remaining balance on the overdraft account. 

Is the $2K figured into my CC utilization?  Or is that considered a different type of credit altogether?

I'm wondering what the impact will be on my FICO scores if I completely close all my accounts at the CU... right now the overdraft is still open (showing $2K available) and a small savings account.

Thanks!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does overdraft / line of credit account count towards util?

Yes- if it is still open - it is part of your utilization just like a credit card.

HoosierSue wrote:
I have a $2000 overdraft protection / line of credit account that was tied to my checking account at my credit union.  I closed the checking account a few months ago & recently paid off the remaining balance on the overdraft account. 

Is the $2K figured into my CC utilization?  Or is that considered a different type of credit altogether?

I'm wondering what the impact will be on my FICO scores if I completely close all my accounts at the CU... right now the overdraft is still open (showing $2K available) and a small savings account.

Thanks!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.