cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does paying before 30 days late affect your credit score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does paying before 30 days late affect your credit score?

If you have an auto loan and paid it 15 to 20 days late every month.. would that effect your credit score?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Datx
Valued Contributor

Re: Does paying before 30 days late affect your credit score?

No, it should not affect your credit score. Its only if you are 30 days late or more is when a lender can report lates to your CRs. Even though it doesnt affect your CRs, It may affect the relationship with your lender by paying late.

Message 2 of 4
Jutz
Valued Contributor

Obviously it's not great for the relationship, and it will probably cause you to pay more than you should (late fees, rush payment if very late, etc).  However I was in over my head on an auto loan from Chase 3 years back and was consistently 20-29 days late until the day I paid it off.  On my credit report it reads with immaculate payment history.  I feel like if I went back to Chase for an Auto loan today however, they'd probably dive into my old account and see how reckless I was.

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 3 of 4
albinotiger
Established Member

I had 15 out of 36 payments that were about 25 days late... when i went to lease a new car that same dealer showed me it on his computer..this was pre 2007 when lendrs were excepting just about any score for a lease.. good old days.. he said because of that history my rate could have been better because the car company can grant a better rate to loyalty custumers but i could not get it because of all those past due payments... so it does not effect your score but can keep you from getting a loyalty type discount rate..i also believe it may effect your auto credit score.. not sure on that though..
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.