Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does this constitute re-starting SOL?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does this constitute re-starting SOL?

I have some old accounts with DOLAs in 2001 with CAs still trying to get their grubby paws on.  I know they are all well beyond SOL and should be falling off within the next 6-12 months, but I am buying a new car and condo later this year and want them off now.  The CAs have both left off pertinent info and the collections are showing are new. 
Most of the info from the OC is so old that it's no longer on my report, and I don't have records of them either.  I would like to contact the OCs regarding these accounts to confirm a/c#'s and to confirm, in writing from the OC, what they reported to the CRAs as DOFD and DOLA.

Here is my question.
Whether I contact the OC via phone, fax, or letter, would any such inquiries constitute restarting of the SOL?  Since it is beyond SOL and the OCs have already taken the tax position with the IRS that the account is charged off and the appropriate tax deductions taken on their tax returns, I don't think the OC can do anything at this point.
Do I need to be concerned with admitting the debt was mine to the OC now that we are so far past SOL?
Any issue with discussing with OC on the phone so far past SOL?

THANKS!!! 
On the road to 700!!!

Message Edited by cruise_bone on 04-05-2008 10:35 AM
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does this constitute re-starting SOL?

You say that the OC is not reporting. That would tell me that is is past CRTP. I could be wrong BUT  most OC that CO an account continue to report for the full 7 years!

You ca send the CA a DV   CMRRR  they must answer in 30 days or stop reporting.

contacting a OC or a CA   will not reset SOL   only a payment can do that.

Message Edited by HappyDays on 04-05-2008 04:02 PM
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.