Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doing the Happy Dance!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Doing the Happy Dance!!

Finally! I made it into the 800 club! My 10-year-old paid state tax lien just came off my Transunion report, and my TU score, which has been hovering at 741 just jumped to 803! Thank you all for the advice I've received on this forum.  It's been a long journey, but it was worth all the hard work.  Now, off to catch up on the threads with a glass of wine.  Smiley Tongue

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Re: Doing the Happy Dance!!

Congrats, quite a milestone!

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! I have been waiting for this day a long, long, long time.  hahaha

Message 3 of 10
EW800
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!   Smiley Happy

It is so sad that something that was 10 years old was holding you down by north of 60 points.  I am pretty sure most of us would agree that how FICO scores is NOT perfect.  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I know the feeling.

Message 5 of 10
driftless
Valued Contributor

Nice! Congratulations.
CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats DarthReporter. I hope to attain that credit score in the future. 

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all! I'm thrilled, understatement. LOL!  And you will make it there @eswank! And when you do, please come in and post so we can celebrate!  I'm going to do a refi soon, so this will make it a whole lot easier. I hope!  Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 10
cmony787
Regular Contributor

Great Work.  The information I have found so far has been outstanding and look foward to day I can post the same thing.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I finally made my goal of having 800 across the board.  I either had 1 or 2 scores but TU always lagged behind.  Now, I updated my goal to have 825 across the board.  According to the simulator, I could reach scores above 840 in 24 mths.  That's a long time from now but makes me feel good anyway.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.