cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't buy updated FICO score and reports until August!

tag
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: Don't buy updated FICO score and reports until August!

Updating the look of their website and this affects anything other than the look of their stupid website? These are the people responsible for how much you have to pay on your loans? Gimme a freakin' break.
Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmm..I just bought TransUnion last night and thought my CR looked all in order. Used a coupon and paid $12.?? for the CR.  Smiley Wink
Message 12 of 21
ah32
Frequent Contributor

I went ahead and purchased my experian score today.  It seemed updated. One of my accts was removed, but another added. Smiley Sad  My score stayed the same.  The previous collection removed was 7 years old.  I thought my score would have dropped. 
Message 13 of 21
fused
Moderator Emeritus

ah32 wrote:
I went ahead and purchased my experian score today.  It seemed updated. One of my accts was removed, but another added. Smiley Sad  My score stayed the same.  The previous collection removed was 7 years old.  I thought my score would have dropped. 

Aren't you the OP who told all of us not to buy any more reports or scores at this site until August?  Is everything ok now?  You just bought a new report, I'm confused.Smiley Indifferent
Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

ah32 wrote:
I finally spoke with a supervisor who refunded my money.

For whom did the supervisor work? MyFico, Experian, CreditExpert, other?
Message 15 of 21
Valued Member

I went ahead and purchased my experian score today.  It seemed updated. One of my accts was removed, but another added.   My score stayed the same.  The previous collection removed was 7 years old.  I thought my score would have dropped. 

If it helps anyone, I've updated my FICO scores just minutes ago and it seems pretty accurate. I have 2 recent inquiries that have been updated on my report and my score has reflected accordingly. EQ went from a 712 to 707. I applied for a Citi AA Mastercard, awaiting approval, or denial. I also just applied for an auto loan with USAA in which I was approved for it 2 months ago just 5k short of what I requested, so with a new approach of providing income documentation that shows I can handle the obligation, I decided to reapply for the auto loan. Smiley Wink
Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

DW signed up for SW yesterday and bought EX and TU. Something looks very much amiss on EX. 70 points below TU, and EX appears to be registering negatives the other two ain't. Checked via online dispute directly on EX website, and the negatives MyFico is showing ain't there on EX.
Message 17 of 21
Valued Member

Wow, well i'm thinking this remodeling of the site is only affecting certain individuals like the member said before. That's more than a good enough reason to call up customer care and resolve that issue, that's a system update that could've been announced to all members to hold off on score purchases until the transformation was complete.
Message 18 of 21
nomoremistakes

Hi all...just discovered this forum, although used this site for months.
Using the FICO simulator, it suggested paying down $797. of my current credit cards(That is may total balance), that would have the biggest positive increase on my score....
would you suggest using my Home Equity loan to pay this & obtain a zero balance or just pay it of in the next 2-3 months? I'm looking for the quickest increase....
Message 19 of 21
clermontkarate

As a rule, it is not wise to pay off unsecured debt with a loan that is secured by your home.  I am sure others would agree to maybe pay it off over the next few months.
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.