cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't ignore KeyBank ($20,000 unsecured personal loan approved)

tag
12njoy
Super Contributor

Don't ignore KeyBank ($20,000 unsecured personal loan approved)

After applying and being approved for the KeyBank Latitude on 7/12/16 for $7,500, I decided to apply for a personal loan with KeyBank.  I have a personal loan with USAA for 20k @16% which I was going to pay off in 6 months (September 2016).  App'd for the personal loan on 7/13/16 @ 4:00PM.  Called to check the status on 7/14/16 @ 9:00am and was told that I was approved for the full amount at 8.99%.  Went into a branch at 2:30pm to sign loan documents.  By 7:00pm that night, KeyBank had wired the funds to my USAA account.  I thought USAA was quick with the approval and funding process, but KeyBank wins hands down.  No POI required.  EQ pull.  Paid all but $700 of the USAA loan which will be paid in September 2016 at the 6 month mark as planned.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Don't ignore KeyBank ($20,000 unsecured personal loan approved)

Congrats on the approvals. I have had an account with Key bank for  alost 25 years now, it was started for me by my mom when I was 9. It doesn't get much activity though seeing as I have lived in Texas now since I was 10.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Once upon a time .. I used to run credit for a home improvement company ... 

KeyBank was one of our lenders. 

I can say I loved working with them on getting people approved. 

That being said I never thought about them as for personal loans etc. 

They really get over looked.... 

Congrats on the speed and on your approval! 

Message 3 of 4
12njoy
Super Contributor

Thanks all. Interesting, I got my approval letter in the mail and it said APR rate of 8.74% whereas my loan closing documents said 8.99%. I know a small difference but that's a quarter of a percent different.  Got to ring them tomorrow about that.   I think it may be because they offer a quarter percent discount when you have auto pay from a key bank account which I do.  Just want to make sure I'm getting the discount.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.