Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't know where Experian score came from

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't know where Experian score came from

Hey everyone.  I just joined and appreciate all of the insight.  I applied for and got a Capital One Platinum Card.  On the screen it had my limit ($400) and said that my Experian credit score was 653.  I logged into Experian and I didn't see that number anywhere.  My FICO 8 is 610 according to Experian and am stumped as to what I'm seeing.  Any help would be appreciated.  

Thanks!

Sam

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Don't know where Experian score came from

Hi Sam! Did you see that Experian score on Credit Karma? They use Vantage 3.0 and not a true FICO. Mine was about 59 higher on the experian website.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied on-line and the Cap One website displayed that on the screen when it said "Cpngratulations", etc.  It listed Experian as the source which is why I logged into Experian directly and pulled my report.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

sign up for discover score card (for TU) they use fico 8 and its free. they give you your score once a month. i believe chase has a free one as well.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey everyone.  I just joined and appreciate all of the insight.  I applied for and got a Capital One Platinum Card.  On the screen it had my limit ($400) and said that my Experian credit score was 653.  I logged into Experian and I didn't see that number anywhere.  My FICO 8 is 610 according to Experian and am stumped as to what I'm seeing.  Any help would be appreciated.  

Thanks!

Sam

There are only 3 factors that go into a credit score and if you are seeing different scores then 1 (or more) of these factors must not be the same.  If all 3 factors are the same, you'll see the same score 100% of the time:

1 - The scoring model used (FICO 08, VS 3.0, etc)

2 - The bureau data used (EX, TU, EQ)

3 - The time that the data was pulled

Since you referenced EX both times, I'd say point #2 above is the same, which brings you to scoring model and time.  If I had to guess, I'd say the scoring model is different between the score CO provided you and what you saw from Experian. 

Message 5 of 6
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks!

Sam

From my experience Capital One uses EQ FICO 5, not EX and not FICO 8.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.