Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double entries on CR

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Double entries on CR

OK, Student loans again, this one is DH.  Three entries for Nelnet...... they turned it over to ECMC.  I PIF ECMC.  Can I get Nelnet to remove their negs due to double entries??If so do I dispute through them or CR or both?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Double entries on CR

hopeless wrote:
OK, Student loans again, this one is DH.  Three entries for Nelnet...... they turned it over to ECMC.  I PIF ECMC.  Can I get Nelnet to remove their negs due to double entries??If so do I dispute through them or CR or both?

If Nelnet is the OC and are reporting along with ECMC, which is a CA......both can report until the drop date. This is not double reporting!

Are the 3 enteries for 1 loan or 3???
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I think it is the OC.  So even though the CA has been paid in full theres not a way for me to delete the OC's record?  Its for three entries (3 student loans).  They have it listed as placed for collections
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope. An OC and a CA  can report up till the drop date  paid or unpaid. A paid debt will not help scores though. This is why we use GW letters and PFD.

You can dispute the OC on all 3  because they haven't updated. The correct reporting would be  collection/paid/settled   something like that BUT they do not have to delete until the 7-7.5 year from DOFD.

You might want to dispute & wait for the CRAs to answer & if it is updated.....then send GW to the OC
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.