Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double reporting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Double reporting

Good evening. I have an issue with two companies reporting on the same account. The original creditor has me for listed owing the original balance of $554 and the credit agency has offered me a settlement for 50% of that balance.

I need your help on deciding which way to go with this one. I want to pay this account ASAP. Am I allowed/able to request the original creditor to remove themselves from my credit report then pay the 3rd party collector? or should I pay the creditor and hope for re-establishment of my account? or should I pay the 3rd part company and just call it a day?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Double reporting

I would go with the 50% settlement...but only with a PFD...
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

AC wrote:
Good evening. I have an issue with two companies reporting on the same account. The original creditor has me for listed owing the original balance of $554 and the credit agency has offered me a settlement for 50% of that balance.

I need your help on deciding which way to go with this one. I want to pay this account ASAP. Am I allowed/able to request the original creditor to remove themselves from my credit report then pay the 3rd party collector? or should I pay the creditor and hope for re-establishment of my account? or should I pay the 3rd part company and just call it a day?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

what is the DOFD??
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply. I'm a newbie. I'm a bit unsure of how a PFD works and how I would structure my verbiage to make it work. Any suggestions by any chance?
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am embarrassed to ask. What does DOFD mean?
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Date of First Delinquincy
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sometime in 2004. This account is so old it's hard to get that information. I will try their collection dept. tomorrow to see if I get better results.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

AC wrote:
Sometime in 2004. This account is so old it's hard to get that information. I will try their collection dept. tomorrow to see if I get better results.

abbreveations link

Newbie link

SOL   look for your state    my SOL on CC  is 6 years BUT  Florida is 4years
this means a creditor can file a lawsuit to get a judgment against you until SOL is PAST

SOL

CTRP

The CRA  will have your drop off date also.....IF the OC is posted

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very kindly for the links......I have learned sooo much from them. Things I should have know as a youth....Goodnessss.

I really appreciate it.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.