Re: Dreams about credit.

HappyDays wrote:
Thank you cheddar   i was sitting on my hands

Why?  It needed to be said! Smiley Tongue

Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Right on, cheddar. Just what I was thinking but didn't want to write.
Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sat on my hands because I wanted to get the wording better!Smiley Wink
Message 14 of 22
bott6698
Established Contributor

i am dreaming about the new dodge challenger coming out this summer and being able to get my fico up so i can get a great interest rate. dti is currently under 20% so i am good to go hehe.

for those of you who haven't seen check this out.

10/11/2017 EQ 640 TU 639 EX 652 12/10/2016 EQ 621 TU 607 EX 626 10/10/16 EQ566 TU591 EX 587
01/31/2008 EX 502 EQ 466 TU 481
3/14/2008 EX 578 EQ 539 TU 543
4/16/2008 EX 622 EQ 532 TU 578
5/19/2008 EX 604 EQ 591 TU 592
1/1/2009 EQ 625 EX 576 TU 569
02/13/2009 EQ 648 EX 617 TU 590
09/28/2009 EQ 568 TU 591
Thanks to all Fico supporters for your encouragement and advice
Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
The ability to sleep better at night is one of the great rewards of getting your financial life straightened out.

When you get to the point in the future, and you will, where you have a very low DTI, no collection agencies calling you, you're basically debt free (except to the useful extent you want yourself to be), and you have 8 months of living expenses set up in your emergency fund, not only will you sleep better, but you'll feel better and be more confident, too.

Debt is a form of legalized slavery. One you are free, you will feel stronger and resolved never to return to a state of peonage again.

Why do you assume that those posting on this thread aren't where they want to be financially?

I don't think anyone here said anything about collection agencies calling or drowning in debt.

To the contrary, from what I gather from the prior posts, most on this thread seem to have learned their lessons from mistakes in the past, and are obsessive about not doing anything to end up in that situation ever again.

Message Edited by cheddar on 03-30-2008 10:03 PM

cheddar,

I wasn't addressing anyone in particular, just stating some truths as I see them.

The OP expressed stress about credit that is keeping her awake at night. That's not a happy place to be, whatever the cause.

I stand by what I said -- improved financial security can lead to an improved emotional state.

Are you going to dispute that?
Message 16 of 22
scramblingin2007
Established Contributor

watchnerd wrote:
The ability to sleep better at night is one of the great rewards of getting your financial life straightened out.

When you get to the point in the future, and you will, where you have a very low DTI, no collection agencies calling you, you're basically debt free (except to the useful extent you want yourself to be), and you have 8 months of living expenses set up in your emergency fund, not only will you sleep better, but you'll feel better and be more confident, too.

Debt is a form of legalized slavery. One you are free, you will feel stronger and resolved never to return to a state of peonage again.

HI watch, I think most of us here are not in debt and do not have collection agencies calling us, we are just fico obsessedSmiley Tongue I just don't trust billpay and I have to check my online statements everyday to be sure all the money is where it needs to be on time. That is why I don't sleep well sometimes. I do agree with you one one point: once you are free you will feel stronger. This is true. I feel much stronger that I pif every month and do not owe anyone. That is a great feeling.
Message 17 of 22
scramblingin2007
Established Contributor

haulingthescoreup wrote:
I dream about posting... Smiley Sad

You need help pumpkin! Smiley Tongue
Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah. Great credit doesn't usually keep people up at night. LOL
speaking from experience from both sides of the fence. Smiley Wink

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Why do you assume that those posting on this thread aren't where they want to be financially?

I don't think anyone here said anything about collection agencies calling or drowning in debt.

To the contrary, from what I gather from the prior posts, most on this thread seem to have learned their lessons from mistakes in the past, and are obsessive about not doing anything to end up in that situation ever again.

Message Edited by cheddar on 03-30-2008 10:03 PM

cheddar,

I wasn't addressing anyone in particular, just stating some truths as I see them.

The OP expressed stress about credit that is keeping her awake at night. That's not a happy place to be, whatever the cause.

I stand by what I said -- improved financial security can lead to an improved emotional state.

Are you going to dispute that?

Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have not had a LATEmare in a few months-

I used to do alot of credit/fico dreaming
Score is stable, $ is stable, bill pay is working great-
I leave MS Money up all the time- IT checks all the accounts daily.
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.