Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop Off Date (7 years from when??)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Drop Off Date (7 years from when??)

along those same lines. the following is noted in the "comment" field but the first missed payment was in 2002:

Charged-off Derogatory. Occurred in 11/2006.

does anyone know if they can do this?

Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

sely wrote:
along those same lines. the following is noted in the "comment" field but the first missed payment was in 2002:

Charged-off Derogatory. Occurred in 11/2006.

does anyone know if they can do this?

Provided you missed a payment in 2002 and never made another payment, your DOFD is in 2002. It doesn't matter when they charged it off; the TL should drop off in 2009ish.  If it doesn't, then dispute it as outdated.
Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

but if someone is checking my credit and they look beyond the score...will this comment hurt me further? if so, do i have any grounds for disputing it?
Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, you absolutely have grounds to dispute it. If the DOLA, DOFD, or both is from 2002, and they are reporting 2006, they by all means dispute it as inaccurate. If they don't correct it, you have grounds for a lawsuit.
Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to know. Thank you.
Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

i see what they've done now.

'someone' has reported that i made a payment in october 2006...this is not true. they've obviously done this to substatiate the "derogatory. occured 11/06" statement. this seems to be a more serious issue than just removing the comment.

comments?
Message 16 of 21
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

sely wrote:
i see what they've done now.

'someone' has reported that i made a payment in october 2006...this is not true. they've obviously done this to substatiate the "derogatory. occured 11/06" statement. this seems to be a more serious issue than just removing the comment.

comments?

This is illegal re-aging. You should dispute ASAP. I would consult a local consumer rights lawyer if they do not remove.
Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

sely,

By chance do you have a paper copy of your CRs from before this little shenanigan and after the supposed payment? If so, it's gold.

Sidebar: This is why it's important to periodically pull your CRs from all three CRAs. Annual is fine, but quarterly is better, monthly is best, and daily if you're analretentive like me.

Call the CRAs that are reporting this TL and ask them about the DOFD on this TL. Don't press for anything else, no talk of lawsuits or the erroneous late payments, et al. Just get the DOFD, say thank you, and say good bye.

Message 18 of 21
Eric958
Established Contributor

Hey Noah, I'm in the same boat except I have a hard copy of the CR from EX before they re-aged! what would be my best course of action? Thanks E!

Never Give Up!!
Message 19 of 21
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Eric958 wrote:
Hey Noah, I'm in the same boat except I have a hard copy of the CR from EX before they re-aged! what would be my best course of action? Thanks E!

Contact EX and tell them your situtation. Also inform them you have proof from an old CR that the account has been illegally reaged.
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.