Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop in fico score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Drop in fico score

On July 30, 2007, my fico score was at 664.  I have really been working to get my score up.  I had disputed a collection and was notified by mail today that the collection account had been deleted from my credit file by the credit bureau.  I was so happy.  My goal was to reach the 700 mark.  I pulled my fico score today and was shocked to see that it was 607.  I don't get it.  Everything has remained the same with the exception of the collection being deleted.  I was expecting my score to increase----instead it dropped by 57 points.  I checked the report thoroughly and this is the only change on my report.  All my bills have been paid on time and I don't understand how I could have a decrease in my credit score.  I have not had any additional charges on credit cards or any inquiries at all.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should do about this or how this could have happened.  I'm really bummed out.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Drop in fico score

How much credit do you have and how old are your trade lines?
You should use your cards every month even if you just charge
a coffe or something...
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

If the collection was the oldest item on your report say 6+ years old and everything else is 2 years or less that could be why.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

The average age of my accounts is around 10 years (this is according to myfico.com).  I have actually had credit since I was 18 years old.  I am now 44 years old.  I have 6 credit card lines - two of which are zero balances; one of which I use monthly to charge small items and the other two I have used in the past two months.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Perhaps you were put in a higher grading bracket?
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.