cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop off date is July 2007. Does that mean July 1st? 31st?

tag
ah32
Frequent Contributor

Drop off date is July 2007. Does that mean July 1st? 31st?

Just wondering when I should expect an old account to drop off.  I disputed some time ago and on my credit reports, it says the file will remain until July 2007.  I'm anxiously awaiting it to drop of so I can buy a house with a higher score.  When do you think it will actually drop off? July 1st? July 31st? August 1st? Thanks in advance for the advice!
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Drop off date is July 2007. Does that mean July 1st? 31st?

There is an actual date associated with the drop off date.
IMHO-If Aug 1st roles around and they are still there call the CRA

I just disputed the ones that were supposed to drop off in July with TU and they deleted. I only advise you do this if: You know the CR has the proper date or the date should be earlier and you are past the SOL.
Message 2 of 12
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Go ahead and dispute it now as "obsolete". There is a pretty good chance the CRA will just delete.
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

In my case in usaly next month, wich means August.

Actualy I do have 1 Inq scheduled to go off in July and when I checked my CR, is stated this INq will be deleted in August.

I guess its the same for accaunts?

Message Edited by cinoeye on 06-16-2007 02:35 PM
Message 4 of 12
ah32
Frequent Contributor

I'm afraid to do anything because it's a government overpayment.  While in school I received Chapter 35 benefits.  I was eligible for these benefits as long as I was in school.  In order to receive these benefits, the school had to certify that I was in school and passing.  I received benefits for four months.  I had some health problems, didn't withdraw in time, and ended up failing my courses.  The VA then sees this as an overpayment.  I didn't take care of it (because I couldn't afford to) and now it's on my credit report.  Because it's a government thing, I'm afraid to dispute! Does anyone have any experiences with government charge-offs? I didn't even know it could be dropped off until I disputed it two years ago.  Thanks for the advice!
Message 5 of 12
ah32
Frequent Contributor

Based on my previous thread, would you still dispute? Thanks for the info.  Just want to make doubly sure I'm doing the right thing...
Message 6 of 12
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

You can still dispute.. worse case scenario the CRAs verify and it drops of next month anyway.
Message 7 of 12
ah32
Frequent Contributor

Thanks! I hate to sound redundant, I was concerned because it was a "government" overpayment.  Do lates and judgements for student loans drop off too?
Message 8 of 12
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

ah32 wrote:
Thanks! I hate to sound redundant, I was concerned because it was a "government" overpayment.  Do lates and judgements for student loans drop off too?

yes.. the whole TL would be deleted.
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have an overpayment from my va benefits on my cr.  Although the overpayment was already resolved, it still shows as a closed/paid collection account.  I've already printed out a gw letter that I am going to send to them to see if they will remove it.  I don't think it can hurt anything to try.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.