cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropped 144 points with equifax after SCT spree....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dropped 144 points with equifax after SCT spree....

@Revelate wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My lender is my local CU.  In speaking to the analysts there, it was explained to me that Vantage did not factor closed accounts into AAoA.  There are other sitess that give FICO scores if you pay for them, and one of them does give the AAoA number that FICO uses.  Mine is considerably higher for FICO than Vantage as I have a 5 year old BK.  The accounts that I included in my BK still factor into the AAoA on FICO and not on Vantage.  In my case I can see a very large fluctuation in scores for opening a new account on Vantage scoring models, where on FICO it is just a few points, and it tends to rebound more quickly on the FICO side as well.

Not reference (you'd likely be stunned and amazed at some of the "my lender said!" stories that come up here with regards to the various algorithms), and I've already stated that the 3rd party presentations like Credit Karma and credit.com are not accurate for any of their interpretations of the data; such a big difference in scoring would likely be referenced in the VS FAQ that the bureaus maintain, but it is not.  While the closed account is on there, it is still factored.

Regarding the new accounts issue, could be right though I think it's more inquiry based; will have to go revisit my scores off CK or similar from my last two app sprees.

I completely understand the whole "my lender said" issue, as not only might they not have said that, but often front line employees are very misinfomed (I also had a different emplyee of the same financial institution tell me that ALL scores are FICOs, but the analyst I spoke with seemed to know what he was talking about).  I can also do the math myself.  The AAoA given by CK does not factor in my closed accounts when I do the math.  The AAoA given by CCT does.  My situation is one that makes the differences between those very clear in scores.  Yes, I do believe (not verified) that Vantage also dings more for inquiried than FICO, but AAoA is the larger factor.

Message 21 of 23
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My lender is my local CU.  In speaking to the analysts there, it was explained to me that Vantage did not factor closed accounts into AAoA.  There are other sitess that give FICO scores if you pay for them, and one of them does give the AAoA number that FICO uses.  Mine is considerably higher for FICO than Vantage as I have a 5 year old BK.  The accounts that I included in my BK still factor into the AAoA on FICO and not on Vantage.  In my case I can see a very large fluctuation in scores for opening a new account on Vantage scoring models, where on FICO it is just a few points, and it tends to rebound more quickly on the FICO side as well.

Not reference (you'd likely be stunned and amazed at some of the "my lender said!" stories that come up here with regards to the various algorithms), and I've already stated that the 3rd party presentations like Credit Karma and credit.com are not accurate for any of their interpretations of the data; such a big difference in scoring would likely be referenced in the VS FAQ that the bureaus maintain, but it is not.  While the closed account is on there, it is still factored.

Regarding the new accounts issue, could be right though I think it's more inquiry based; will have to go revisit my scores off CK or similar from my last two app sprees.

I completely understand the whole "my lender said" issue, as not only might they not have said that, but often front line employees are very misinfomed (I also had a different emplyee of the same financial institution tell me that ALL scores are FICOs, but the analyst I spoke with seemed to know what he was talking about).  I can also do the math myself.  The AAoA given by CK does not factor in my closed accounts when I do the math.  The AAoA given by CCT does.  My situation is one that makes the differences between those very clear in scores.  Yes, I do believe (not verified) that Vantage also dings more for inquiried than FICO, but AAoA is the larger factor.

Maybe didn't state it in this thread previously: CK does Average Age of Open Accounts which has zero bearing to any score in existence other than maybe TU New Accounts Score.

They had that in their presentation for years before they moved to Vantage, so it's not intrinsic to Vantage I assure you... it's just a CK artifact which we've been telling people for years to ignore.  Honestly no third party analysis / representation of the data is accurate for any score, and that includes FICO Consumer aka myFICO when it comes to FICO scores.  CK is arguably the best service on the planet for report access, but I wouldn't use it for anything more than that and the VS scores if you care about them.  Advice / recommendations / data interpretation (like 21+ accounts to get to Excellent credit, no, just no) should be ignored.

        
Message 22 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Its Credit Karma being Fradulent with your scores trying to get you to sign up for there credit repair service. Credit Karma is owned by Lexington Law firm in Utah and they created Credit Karma to gain clients by actually showing you fake scores. They charge a $99.00 set up fee and $79.00 per month to dispute your crediit reports however they only dispute one or 2 items at a time so they can charge your CC there fee every month.  It typically takes them 1 1/2 to 2 years to clear a report , you do the math. NOTHING but a scam, just to verify this I checked my scores and they said I was a 578. lolool .. GET AWAY from the crooks and either get your real FICO score here or through the bureaus themselves. 

There is nothing "fraudulent" about the scores that Credit Karma provides. They are Vantage 3.0 which, although not Fico, is a recognized scoring system. And where do you get that they are owned my Lexington Law? From Wiki:

Kenneth Lin, who previously founded Multilytics Marketing and worked with E-Loan and Upromise,[5] launched Credit Karma in 2007, with the website going live in February 2008.[6] Early investors include Chris Larson, CEO of Prosper, and Mark Lefanowicz, former president of E-Loan

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.