Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate accounts reporting on credit report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Duplicate accounts reporting on credit report

Ok so I have 2 time Warner accounts with same acc# and same amount shown. The original is from 2011 and the other is 2014. The one from 2014 is a duplicate of the original, how do I go about removing it?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Duplicate accounts reporting on credit report

@Anonymous wrote:
Ok so I have 2 time Warner accounts with same acc# and same amount shown. The original is from 2011 and the other is 2014. The one from 2014 is a duplicate of the original, how do I go about removing it?

I'm going to assume these are collection accounts...

Dispute the one with the earlier date with a comment "Collector does not have collection authority for this account"

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes collection accounts. But the earlier date is correct and will fall off sooner. The new one is a incorrect date duplicate of the original. Wouldn't I dispute it?
Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If they are collections on the same debt, they must have the same credit report exclusion date.

Credit report exclusion of a collection is not based on when they report, it is based only on the DOFD on the OC account.

That is a factual date-certain, and should be consistent on each reported collection.

CRA policy mandates that a debt colelctor must delete their reported collection if their collection authority has been terminated with the debt remaining unpaid.

If a new debt collectot has obtained collection authority, as demonstrated by their reporting, then the prior debt collector should have deleted.

Notidy the CRA as instructed by Norman.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.