cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicated accounts in my report? MyFico issue?

tag
AnaMKMK
New Contributor

Duplicated accounts in my report? MyFico issue?

Any thoughts on why my Equifax report purchased through MyFico has multiple accounts listed multiple times, each showing a different balance? One correct, the other not.

And on one particular card, it shows that I have a balance of 3,400 with a credit line of 1,000 (one non-relevant late payment in July '11, otherwise always in good standing). This is a card i use frequently, and will often charge it up, pay it off, and repeat in one billing cycle, but not 3,400 worth, so it can't be a cumulative charge total. Anyways, I guess I don't really care how MyFico sees this (although its skewing my score simulator, and their "rankings" of me), is this effecting my score?

I don't recall this issue when I last pulled my free annual from Equifax, so i'm not sure if its a recent development or just a quirk in the MyFico reporting software.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Duplicated accounts in my report? MyFico issue?

Your EQ myFICO report data comes directly from EQ. Can you give any examples on the duplicates?

What type of CC is the $3400 bal/$1000 CL? CCs typically report the balance you had on the statement date. Did this CC update this balance just recently and do you have the statement, and if so does it show $3400?.......and this is a current balance that you are seeing, right? As opposed to a high balance?

Message 2 of 5
AnaMKMK
New Contributor

Chase credit card #1

Account type: revolving

Balance: 3,400

Credit limit: 1,000

Current Status: pays as agreed

(payment history, 1 time late July 2011)

This card has never been at a balance of 3,400. Credit limit has been the same since I've had the card (5/2008). Last closed on 5/19 at $419.

Chase credit card #2

Balance: 157

Credit limit: 3,000

(payment history, never late)

Is it possible they're confusing these two accounts? Although, I don't think this one has ever been at $3,400 either. Last closed on 5/26 at $157.

Cap1 - duplication issue

Version 1

Balance: 339

Credit limit: 600

Date opened: Aug 2007

Version 2

Balance: 1030

Credit limit: 1550 (correct)

Date opened: Aug 2007

Version 3

Balance: 223

Credit limit: 500

Date opened: Oct 2006 (correct)

I underlined the incorrect information on the different versions. This looks like it can be the different CLI, but I can't remember that exactly. The account should report this month as paid down to $0, and now i'm thinking these two other versions are still going to show a balance...

Judging by your last response I'm guessing this is an EQ issue and should fix it through them. Right?

Thanks

Message 3 of 5
rena347
New Contributor

My husband had the same type of issue on EQ. It was showing two Barclay's accounts (he only  has one) with two different balances and two different credit limits. He disputed the erroneous one last week. He hasn't had any update yet to his dispute as the email said it could take up to 45 days to resolve the dispute.

Message 4 of 5
AnaMKMK
New Contributor

I just went in and disputed it on EQ, both the CapOne issue and the Chase one... hopefully get it removed soon! Too bad though, i went and paid off all my balances to raise my score before buying a car and I really can't wait!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.