tag
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: E-Oscar question for Robert

Message 11 of 14
Booner72
Senior Contributor

BBB:  The CA said that by oregon statute they are authorized to collect in my name since it's medical which is deemed "The benefit of the family."  Back then I didn't know as much as I think I know now, and I believe federal would override state, yes?

FTC:  Too lazy and complicated.  If EQ doesn't work I will.  Today received EX letter saying they will ignore any further disputes I send related to these accounts. 

AG:  never heard back.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 12 of 14
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Don't listen to what a CA tells you.  Where does federal law say they can collect in your name?

FTC takes about 5 minutes.  There is a form online you fill out, simple as that.

I looked up Oregon laws and if you are not the insurer and did not sign as financially responsible, it is NOT your debt.

Message 13 of 14
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Hi Guiness......I didn't listen, I'm just telling you what they told the BBB when I did the complaint.

If you can PM the link to that Oregon law stuff, I am ready to send my official ITS letter (again) to the CA.  I will quote that.  I will also let them know I have at least 3 inches of proof of their violations of the FDCPA, that they will delete all collections OR I will go to small claims w/ my evidence.

Also, the judgment that resulted from these collections was vacated.  I'm thinking of attaching that stuff, too, and say "Additionally, the >>>> County Judge also agreed to vacate this judgment, therefore, the collections are obsolete."

But, should I wait to see what EQ says?

Boy, I sure can't thank you enough for your help!

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.