Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQ 75 point increase almost 700... questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

EQ 75 point increase almost 700... questions

Hello everyone, I have a question. 

When do inquiries and new accounts become less of a factor in approvals? I know inquires aren't a points factor after 12 months, and fall off after 24. what's a lenders perspective ? And, with new accounts I've heard anything from 6-24 months... I'm not in any hurry to apply anytime soon, I've been denied enough in the past 4 months. So I'm content with waiting it out, and not make impulse apps based on the excitement of large score increases, which is what I've done. 

Im currently sitting on 8 store and 2 crappy CC's. 20+ inquires on each CR. All was in the past 4 months. 

Ive brought my scores from mid 5's to 644/693/729 respectively. 

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: EQ 75 point increase almost 700... questions

I feel your pain. I've been denied over and over, all for different reasons. I feel like I'm losing hope. I can't get rid of some of the baddies on my reports and they have 4-5 years to fall off, and I have no hope of paying such large amounts, and I just keep getting denied. Utilization (which i cannot currently fix) and inquiries/new accounts are the most-often cited reasons for my denials. I'm also wondering how long I should wait to apply for more.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't lose hope, you'll get there eventually
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

you make me think back 10 years ago, i just used bank card and cash what i work for , i hope you all will on 800 score. keep up 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.