Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQ Alert - What does this mean?!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

EQ Alert - What does this mean?!

Hi All,

Just checked EQ Score Watch and saw the following alert. 

The following changes were reported for your GECRB/HOME DESIGN FURNITUR account : 
Comments on your account changed from Account closed by credit grantor , Charge , Amount in H/C column is credit limit , Closed to Consumer disputes this account information , Account closed by credit grantor , Amount in H/C column is credit limit , Closed

A few more details:

Date Opened:07/01/12Last Activity:11/01/14Type:Revolving or Option Rate/StatusSmiley Tongueays account as agreedHigh Credit:$3,500Terms:N/ABalance:$631Past Due:$0Most Recent Date Reported:11/01/14Comments on Account:Consumer disputes this account information , Account closed by credit grantor , Amount in H/C column is credit limit , Closed

81-Month Payment History

Year Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec 2014 120 * * * * * * * * *     2013 * * * * * * * 30 60 90 90 120 2012             * * * * * *

What does this mean and what will it do to my credit score? My account was already closed. I was just making payments towards the account to make good on the amount I initially owed and needed to pay off. I had 120 days past due reported on my account in 2013. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Re: EQ Alert - What does this mean?!

Im a little confuse on what your asking. Like are you asking why its reporting 120 days late? Because if you dont make a payment on an account for X amount of days it gets reported for however many months until you pay it. So in 2013 it shows the first month as a 30 day late, and then the 2nd month 60 days (1st + 2nd month) its going to keep adding until paid again. As for your credit, late payments always hurt Smiley Sad

If your wondering about the dispute part it means your disputing saying some of the information listed is wrong. So if you have been paying on time and never missed a payament then it would be smart to dispute that. However it can be tough if you dont have any proof of paying on time such as confirmation numbers and receipts, or checks...etc. 

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

removed

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

1. I did fall behind and incur the 120 past due. However, recently, I called and wrote requesting a Goodwill adjustment. I spoke with several people and ultimately explained my circumstance at the time and noted that I have been paying against my balance owed. The account was Closed at credit grantors request. Originally $3500 Credit. Used $3400ish for furniture and currently owe around $630. I plan to pay in full. I received a we will see when I called. 

2. I logged into EQ Scorewatch and saw I had the alert above. Its a little confusing to me. I'm not sure I understand what it fully means and whether it will have the positive impact I would like if I were to receive  a Goodwill.

3. I just pulled myFico EQ report and it shows that the account is not reflecting as a negative indicator BUT it still shows I have the late payments. 

Ultimately, my question is: has this happened to anyone? Was it a positive or negative sign? I've never received a GW. Is this how it appears? Or do the past due's disappear? 

Maybe I'm reading too much into it. My score has NOT changed so perhaps I'll wait and see what happens when everything updates across the board on myFico's scorewatch. 

Message 4 of 5
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

If you owe then work on negotiating a PFD.

As for the dispute comments  they will remain as long as the item is in dispute.  We can't tell you what the impact on your score will be as will depend on the outcome of the dispute.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.