Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQ...BK 13 Removal

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

EQ...BK 13 Removal

Has anyone had any problems with equifax removing Chapter 13 BK's that was dismissed?  I have one that was filed on 6/14/01.  I have old report from 2007 that said it would drop off in May 2008, but its still on my report.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: EQ...BK 13 Removal

A dismissed BK 13 should stay on for 10 years- 

Equifax does not display removal dates- so I am confused to where you saw that? 

EX and TU display removal dates.

creditqueen wrote:
Has anyone had any problems with equifax removing Chapter 13 BK's that was dismissed?  I have one that was filed on 6/14/01.  I have old report from 2007 that said it would drop off in May 2008, but its still on my report.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

What your saying is TU & EX have different rules on when a ch 13 bk falls off? The 13 is not on TU or EX.  I might have seen that date on other reports.  I will look again.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

creditqueen wrote:
What your saying is TU & EX have different rules on when a ch 13 bk falls off? The 13 is not on TU or EX.  I might have seen that date on other reports.  I will look again.

No, the reporting time is the same for all of them. The CRA doesn't set reporting time, FCRA does.

What he was saying  is that Equifax doesn't show removal dates on their credit reports, but TU and EX will show removal date.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sidewinder,
I understand what he's saying about the removal date being on TU & EX not EQ.  I might have just looked at the wrong old report. I don't understand why TU & EX will drop the CH 13 and EQ will not.  What your saying is FCRA has different rules for EQ on the length that a CH 13(dismissed)? I just want to understand.  I called EQ and they said it should drop off this month, but its still on their.  The person probably didn't know what they were talking about.  It sounded like they were reading a script when talking to me.  Thanks for your  response.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

creditqueen wrote:
Sidewinder,
I understand what he's saying about the removal date being on TU & EX not EQ.  I might have just looked at the wrong old report. I don't understand why TU & EX will drop the CH 13 and EQ will not.  What your saying is FCRA has different rules for EQ on the length that a CH 13(dismissed)? I just want to understand.  I called EQ and they said it should drop off this month, but its still on their.  The person probably didn't know what they were talking about.  It sounded like they were reading a script when talking to me.  Thanks for your  response.

TU and EX may have dropped it a month early.

If it is due to drop this month, then I am sure they will. They don't have to do it by any certain date. They have up until the end of the month to do it.

FCRA has the same reporting rules for all 3.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I say be patient - as it's getting removed 3 years early and you should be thankful-

If you push it- someone might realize it should stay on another 3 years and update it-  
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Timothy,
I wasn't going to push it.  I will just wait and see.  I just wanted to know the limit for the CH 13(dismissal).  Thanks for your response
CQ
Message 8 of 10
smallfry
Senior Contributor

13 is seven years a 7 is 10.
Message 9 of 10
stefanc
Regular Contributor

I've been through this with EQ.

They will remove a DISCHARGED BK 13 after 7 years - they keep a DISMISSED BK 13 for 10 years. TU and EX remove ANY 13 after 7 years.

I fought with them for quite a while, there was even conflicting info on their own site about removal dates (as of a month ago they fixed that!). In any case they would not budge.

I hope your drops off!
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.