Regular Contributor

EQ FICO 80 pts below TU & EX

is that a normal spread? TransUnion 645 Equifax 565 Experian 642
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
nicemann
Established Contributor

Re: EQ FICO 80 pts below TU & EX

Well it depends on what's on the credit report.  Your TLs may be different from report to report.
Message 2 of 5
modernsurrender
Established Contributor

I hate EQ they're about 40 points below my other scores as far as I know.  They're super slow updating everything for me.  They may show different accounts, or if you've recently paid down your Utl it may not have posted with them yet - there are lots of reasons for differences.

I've got a 40 point difference now with EQ declining (still???) and TU and EX steadily going up Smiley Indifferent so I might be right there by your side soon.

I'd say your best bet is to compare the accounts on each report and see if you can find any big differences.
Start 2/2008: TU 495 || EX 539 || EQ 528
Now 5/2013: TU 716 || EX ??? || EQ 702

Slate: $5000 Simplicity: $5000 David's Bridal: $3500 SW Chase: $3000 FNBO: $3000 Barclay NFL: $2500 BofA: $2400 Discover IT: $1700 Walmart: $1500 Victoria's Secret: $1000 Cap1: $750 Amex Zync: NPSL
(2 derogs to go until I'm squeaky clean in 2014!)
Message 3 of 5
nosxih
Regular Contributor

Yep, same thing here. they are almost 2K behind in balances and they a lot more items than the other two. Most of my accounts have not even posted for March yet. The bad thing is that it makes EQ my middle score and I want to get a mortgage eventually and they take the middle score. Bummer. EQ get with it!
Message 4 of 5
tonsers
Frequent Contributor

I would suggest looking at your line items side by side and making sure there are no discrepancies. My Experian score is lower than the other two due to the fact that my only two inquiries this year are thru them...
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.