Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQ Lock & Alert Plus product

tag
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

EQ Lock & Alert Plus product

There is a EQ Lock & Alert Plus product that claims to lock EQ and TU credit reports for a small fee of 4.95$ per month (a similar product from TU costs 19.95$ per month). I purchased this EQ product but it only could lock EQ but not TU. Instead, it referred me to a TU Customer Care Team phone number. After waiting for half an hour on the phone, I was told that there is a fee to freeze TU (~6$). They said that also freeze and lock would be similar (from my view, they should not be similar since unlock can be done simply online but lifting the freeze should not be straightforward). Anyway, I proceeded to pay the fee to freeze TU report and they said that the product details would be sent by mail within ~6 business days.

Does anyone has any experience with this EQ/TU service? It seems that this service does not work to lock both credits and to lock each credit, purchasing a service from each credit bureau is needed.

Fico8: EX~EQ~TU~810 (12 month goal~840).
BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
4 REPLIES 4
Ardecko
Frequent Contributor

Re: EQ Lock & Alert Plus product

The TrueIdentity service from TU allows locking/unlocking your TU credit report for free. Just log in and click the button.

Capture.PNG

2017-09-09 FICO 08: EQ 677, TU 640, EX 705
2020-02-07 FICO 08: TU 789
2020-02-10 FICO 08: EX 752

Gardening, mostly, again until... soon(I need to replace my car)

Message 2 of 5
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

Thanks. Is there a free way to lock EX/EQ (no freeze)?

BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
Message 3 of 5
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@xenon3030 wrote:

Thanks. Is there a free way to lock EX/EQ (no freeze)?

No. The only way lock your credit file is with a service directly from that CRA, and only TU offers this for free with TrueIdentity.com.

And I don't see that EQ service "Lock & Alert Plus" product listed on their website:

https://www.equifax.com/personal/products

Are you sure it is from Equifax? With news of the Equifax data breach & alot of folks rushing to lock/freeze their files everyone needs to be really careful of false advertising to outright cons from services claiming things they can't provide.

The least expensive service from EQ that I see on their product page that can lock & unlock your EQ file is their EQ ID Patrol service for $16.95/mo. But if EQ lets you enroll in their TrustedID service, that is free and lets you lock/unlock.

For Experian, the least expensive service they offer to lock/unlock is their Experian IdentityWorks Plus product, 30 day free trial, then $9.99/mo.:

http://www.experian.com/consumer-products/compare-identity-theft-products.html

Message 4 of 5
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

This is an official product of EQ and it locks EQ for 4.95$/month:

http://www.equifax.com/lockandalert/

EQ Trustedid Premier is also expected to lock EQ for free and I am waiting to receive a notification after the enrolment...

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.