Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQ, What does this mean?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

EQ, What does this mean?

>We have researched the credit account. Account #xxxxxxxx* The results are: The explanation previously attached to this account has been deleted. If you have any further questions, about this item, please contact: Mainstreet Acquisition Co, blah, blah, blah.

It then goes on to list the old CO of HSBC bank account for a BB CC as if it was a listing of an account on the credit report. Mainstreet is the CA for this account. Does this mean they granted my EE by deleting Mainstreet? It was the only thing I requested when I called them and they had said "no" over the phone.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: EQ, What does this mean?

@Anonymous wrote:

>We have researched the credit account. Account #xxxxxxxx* The results are: The explanation previously attached to this account has been deleted. If you have any further questions, about this item, please contact: Mainstreet Acquisition Co, blah, blah, blah.

It then goes on to list the old CO of HSBC bank account for a BB CC as if it was a listing of an account on the credit report. Mainstreet is the CA for this account. Does this mean they granted my EE by deleting Mainstreet? It was the only thing I requested when I called them and they had said "no" over the phone.

No an EE has not been granted, it requires no research. Sounds like they removed a comment that had been attached to the account either by Mainstreet or a statement by you.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: EQ, What does this mean?

That doesn't make sense although I understand what you're saying. I did remove remarks but that was at the end of August, early September and was done on the same day for the dispute comments listed. Also, the HSBC, which is this account, now has Mainstreet actually has their info attached to it when they have already had a separate TL on my report.

I had only asked for an EE on the Mainstreet account a few weeks ago. What's funny is, I thought when an EE is done, it is supposed to also delete all accounts attached to it. TU deleted both accounts a couple of months ago but EX did only the one a few weeks ago on the same day I requested from EQ. So they (EQ) in this case, took it upon themselves to add a comment to contact Mainstreet to the HSBC account instead of granting an EE?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.