cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQ disputes....anyone else have this happen?

tag
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

EQ disputes....anyone else have this happen?

i disputed a few negative accounts listed on my EQ reports. most of them were deleted. but some accounts still remain and say "consumer disputes re-investigation in progress". they have been saying that for over 60 days and when i question EQ i am told to contact the credit grantor.

isn't EQ required to take some kind of action within the investigation period like deleted, update, etc? how can my accounts continue to read this way forever.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: EQ disputes....anyone else have this happen?

I actually thought they had 30 days and if they or the creditor can't answer correctly it's deleted. I would send them a letter and explain to them that you will file with FCRA if this matter is'nt addressed properly. Even EQ and the others have to follows the FCRA laws.
Message 2 of 6
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

Did they send you notification of the results from your dispute you filed?
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should have received a new CR  after dispute was closed   did you get them?
Message 4 of 6
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

when i submitted a few disputes in one letter, 2 of the items were never addressed and continue to have this message. when i send letters to EQ saying the re-investigation should be complete by now, I am told to contact the original credit grantor for further information.

btw, TU and EX deleted the accounts EQ continues to display with this msg
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

If these are accounts that were disputed by you directly with the CRA, I'd send them a letter and outline that the FCRA  611(a)(1)(A)-(I may not have written that correctly I am unsure how to write legal code) states that they must conduct and conclude their investigation within 30 days. FCRA  611(a)(5)(A) states that any information that is innacurate, incomplete or can not be verified must be deleted. 

I would only think they'd tell you to contact credit grantor is the credit grantor is the one who reported that you disputed the information. I am not sure how it works when the credit grantor reports it, I dont think they do an investigation or re-investigation. Mine just say "consumer disputes this account information" or "consumer disputed this account - reported by subscriber"

Message Edited by sidewinder on 03-20-2008 06:24 PM
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.