Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQ doesn't have my SSN

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

EQ doesn't have my SSN

So after getting all excited and wanting to apply for a new credit card, I thought I would check my score in credit karma.

No worries, I did and it have me 764 (TU). 

Then I decided to check my other scores and pay myfico.

Fico Online system asked me to call through a number, which I did, and the guy over the phone said, that equifax doesn't have my SSN, so they can't process my order.

i was asked to call Equifax.

I called up Equifax, and they don't have my SSN on file.

I have a chase freedom card, which was opened end of May 2014, and I am now supposed to email customer.care@equifax.com my drivers license, copy of SSN and a letter saying who I am with my contact details. 

I thought chase would report to all 3 agencies, does anybody know what is going on?

I called chase credit support number, only to be told to call Equifax on a number given to me.

Please suggest, I am not sure what to do. 

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: EQ doesn't have my SSN

The same situation just happened to me this past weekend.  I was told to call Equifax, and Equifax did not have my social.  smh.  My credit pulls up with Transunion and Experian.

Message 2 of 5
Aarvard
Established Contributor

Your situation is exactly the same as mine. I emailed them today and they told me to fax over my SSN, and bank statement that shows my address so they could update it.

03/25/2015 TU 08 765, EX 08 747, EQ 08 757, EQ 04 754.
01/30/2016 TU 08 775, EX 08 752, EQ 08 744
Goal: 780+ across all models.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just emailed euifax with the documents they require.

Got an email back with a reference number.

Lets see how this pans out Smiley Indifferent

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax are giving me the run aorund.

They say that I dont have a file, after I give them my SS # and my personal details.

They guy suggested that I apply for more cards, I was like, WTH...

I have already emailed/faxed all the documents they have asked for, but they arent willing to help at all.

Any suggestions?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.