cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQ down 28 points. How can I be so dumb.

tag
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

EQ down 28 points. How can I be so dumb.

Okay, here is the sad truth. I got an HSBC card to assist in credit mix. I spoke with the rep, at activation, who said that the statement will cut on the 18th. So, I think great, I will go in on around the 14th or 15th and make a payment to about 7% utility. I did (on the 15th). Dummy! The stupid statement cut on the 14th. Smiley Sad WTHeck? I am so p.o.'d right now. I get the SW alert that I am down to 740 EQ. TU and EX remain unaffected at this point (I guess that my scores are so low there, that they are happy just to have the credit mix).

I am so upset with myself. Why didn't I call back and ask another rep? I have since paid the thing to $0 and will keep it that way until the darn score rebounds. Arrrgggg!  I also have to get a handle on when exactly that statement will cut.  DD got her license, so I bought her some driving accessories in anticipation of her new car, just to use the card.  52% util.  And, the thing is just reporting from Jan.

The good news is that I did the score simulator and it shows that if I pay the balance off in a month my score is estimated to go between 800-840. I will pass out if I hit the 800 club.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: EQ down 28 points. How can I be so dumb.

that happened to me this month too. I logged on and made an extra payment on the 26th thinking they posted the 27th when in fact they had done it the 25th. The only thing that made it ok was that I had gotten a small CLI so my util wasn't affected. dontcha hate it when that happens?
Message 2 of 4
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: EQ down 28 points. How can I be so dumb?

I can just scream (that is, if I screamed). I can't believe that I did that. I had a prime chance to go over 800 on EQ and over 700 on EX and I blew it. I can only be upset with myself. This sux. What makes it so bad is that they are behind on their reporting, so I don't know when I will see this increase...May maybe.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: EQ down 28 points. How can I be so dumb?

take heart my friend, you will recover. it could be worse, you could have accidentally paid late or something... you'll be ok. Smiley Wink
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.