cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQ score drop because CC inactivity for 1 month?

tag
octavia
Regular Contributor

EQ score drop because CC inactivity for 1 month?

I updated my TC reports and noticed my EQ score has dropped 11pts from 600 to 589 on TC.  But when I checked SW Equifax I had an alert because of inactivity on my HSBC CC. (SW is still showing my score at 667.)

Why did my score drop because of inactivity?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
octavia
Regular Contributor

Re: EQ score drop because CC inactivity for 1 month?

BUMP
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

My advice is to not look at the scores on TC.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

TCs are true FAKOS
Message 4 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@octavia wrote:

I updated my TC reports and noticed my EQ score has dropped 11pts from 600 to 589 on TC. But when I checked SW Equifax I had an alert because of inactivity on my HSBC CC. (SW is still showing my score at 667.)'Why did my score drop because of inactivity?

As the other two posters said.

No one knows why your score dropped on TC, because no one knows why TC scores do anything! So many people think that they can use score movement on TC to show when their FICO's are probably moving, but as your example shows, that often doesn't happen.

Your SW Equifax score is a FICO, and therefore believable. This means that your score didn't drop. The TC score isn't worth the ink used to print it out.

Also, it looks like it's time to air out the HSBC and go buy a pack of Juicy Fruit. Smiley Wink
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.