Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: EQ up 47 points

ngerasimatos wrote:
Stef, congrats on the enw score. I will now allow you to take me to dinenr and a movie since your scores are worthy. LOL

Smiley Very Happy Too funny!!!

Thanks again everyone!
Message 13 of 16
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

Oh, you thought I was kidding? ;-)
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

COngratulations on the credit score increase!
My Credit scores recently went up as well.
EQ from 629 on 2/28 to 643 3/11;
TU 653-693;
and EXP was 629 on 2/28 and have not checked it as of today.
My issue is debating whether I should pay off my daughter's car or my credit card first.
My daughter's car has a balance of $6000.00 at a 13% interest and I have an 8% interest credit card with a $22,000 balance and a $30,000 credit limit. This is a 76% utilization.
I have about $5500.00 credit limits on a couple other cards that are paid off.
 I want to get the most bang for my buck. Which one should I put the extra money towards?
The reason why this came up is because I am going to buy a house inthe fall and the lender suggested I pay down my daughter's car. He said that he wants to see that I have less than 10 months left to pay on it when I get my home loan.
I also have about $90,000 in student loans that are in deferment, but they don't seem to be an issue other than showing a higher debt ratio.  

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

teachertriciap08 wrote:
COngratulations on the credit score increase!
My Credit scores recently went up as well.
EQ from 629 on 2/28 to 643 3/11;
TU 653-693;
and EXP was 629 on 2/28 and have not checked it as of today.
My issue is debating whether I should pay off my daughter's car or my credit card first.
My daughter's car has a balance of $6000.00 at a 13% interest and I have an 8% interest credit card with a $22,000 balance and a $30,000 credit limit. This is a 76% utilization.
I have about $5500.00 credit limits on a couple other cards that are paid off.
 I want to get the most bang for my buck. Which one should I put the extra money towards?
The reason why this came up is because I am going to buy a house inthe fall and the lender suggested I pay down my daughter's car. He said that he wants to see that I have less than 10 months left to pay on it when I get my home loan.
I also have about $90,000 in student loans that are in deferment, but they don't seem to be an issue other than showing a higher debt ratio.  

Congrat's on getting the score's up!

Your utilization is killing you. But if your lender would rather you pay the car down,  then you may be stuck. Paying down the credit card would bring your scores up, but I understand you also need to think about debt to income ratio's at this time.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.