cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQ vs TU vs EX

tag
Regular Contributor

EQ vs TU vs EX

After looking at post for the past three years  I got to thinking where do the 3 CB fall as far as which has the highest to the lowest?

It seems to me from the post that alot of people have a higher score on their TU and EX scores compared to their EQ score....EQ seems to always be the lowest score.

Anyone else ever noticed this?

EQ 7/19/13 796
TU 04/29/13 784
EX 06/17/13 849
28 years credit history
17 years AAoA

CIT $15,900 BEST BUY $11,800 DISCOVER $10,000 LOWES $10,000 SEARS/MC $7,200 BELKS $5,700 JC PENNY $2,400 CHASE $5,900 AMX GOLD PR $NPSL AMX/BCP $11,200 SHELL/CITI/MC $80.00 (LMAO)
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: EQ vs TU vs EX

For the longest time, my TU FICO score was the highest and my EX FICO was the lowest. Today, its the opposite, my EX FICO is the highest and my TU is the lowest. Its very hard to say which score is the highest or lowest for most of us.

Message 2 of 9
laz98
Senior Contributor

it varies from time to time & from person to person.  TU used to be my highest, but now it's EQ.  EX has always been my lowest score.

Message 3 of 9
birjest
Frequent Contributor

AGREED!!!  My Eq is the lowest while my TU is the highest.  Just as long as my Eq can jump over 650, I will be good to go for the FHA loanSmiley Very Happy

5/30/15 EQ 596; TU 605; EX 580.
12/18/17 EQ 646; TU 660; EX 674.
7/30/23 EQ 708; TU 703; EX 721.
Message 4 of 9
namvet
Established Contributor

EQ has always been my lowest score.  

Message 5 of 9
casmith1980
Established Contributor

Experian is my lowest score...EQ & TU seem to be pretty darn close to each other.  As everything else FICO, YMMW Smiley Happy

Filed BK 12/5/14
341 meeting 1/9/15
Anticipated discharge 3/10/15

Goal: 700 by 3/2017
Message 6 of 9
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@casmith1980 wrote:

Experian is my lowest score...EQ & TU seem to be pretty darn close to each other.  As everything else FICO, YMMW Smiley Happy

I hear you on YMMV with FICO scores.Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 9
thom02099
Valued Contributor

My TU has always been best, followed by EQ and then EX. Previously (about 3 years ago) EQ and EX were reversed.

From a different perspective, that of my banking advisor, this is his GENERAL observation.  YMMV.

EX is the most complete file, and the most up-to-date and timely, followed by TU, then EQ.  His observations were that EX was pulled more

frequently west of the Mississippi as the first pull, then TU, then EQ.  For east of the Mississippi, TU and EQ were about equal,with

EX 3rd. Again, this is generalities, and his observation as an insider in the banking industry.  Thought it was an interesting observation, and

from my own files, appears to be true, since I do live in the Rocky Mountain region. 

Message 8 of 9
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@thom02099 wrote:

My TU has always been best, followed by EQ and then EX. Previously (about 3 years ago) EQ and EX were reversed.

From a different perspective, that of my banking advisor, this is his GENERAL observation.  YMMV.

EX is the most complete file, and the most up-to-date and timely, followed by TU, then EQ.  His observations were that EX was pulled more

frequently west of the Mississippi as the first pull, then TU, then EQ.  For east of the Mississippi, TU and EQ were about equal,with

EX 3rd. Again, this is generalities, and his observation as an insider in the banking industry.  Thought it was an interesting observation, and

from my own files, appears to be true, since I do live in the Rocky Mountain region. 

My EX report has the least amount of my tradelines reported to it.  EQ the most.  Of course, the fact that it is different for me doesn't prove anything about whether EX is generally the most complete. 

In any event, I'd suspect that which bureau is your highest has something to do with whether you have poor or good credit, and where you live.  For me, EQ is the lowest, followed by TU, then EX.  I went through a real rough spot in 2008, so I have a lot of late payments.  Because EQ is my most complete report, it has the lowest score, then TU is in the middle with a midscore, and EX having the fewest of my negative tradelines is my highest score.  If my reports were clearner, I'd suspect that those roles would reverse, EQ having the most positive tradelines would likely become my highest score. 

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.