Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQUIFAX......Please help

tag
sunrise
Frequent Contributor

Re: EQUIFAX......Please help

Shirlyland...even dismissed bk's stay....Ch 13=7 years...ch 7=10 years.Smiley Sad

maxq...If your credit since the bk is clean...you should be fine for a mtg this summer. Get in touch with a bank, or mtg. broker...soon...and have them take a look at your credit reports.....give them copies of yours from home...do not let them pull credit, (it will give you a hard inq. on your reports) and they can recommend what, if anything, needs work on your CR's!  (that is what I did)  I responded to another post of yours...mtg co's like to look at the last 2 years of how you have managed your credit.

takin' it one day at a time
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just want to remind everyone - myFICO terms of service only allows discussion of ethical and legal methods to remove inaccurate information from your reports.

Message 12 of 15
sunrise
Frequent Contributor

Getting bk's removed off CR's(before they are supposed to) has happened...but, I have also heard where they pop back on!  This is true of any negative info.  People have had luck getting things removed that are technically supposed to still be there...and they get reported back on at a later date.Smiley Sad This isn't always the case though!  I disputed a collection amount on an old debt...and instead of updating a zero balance...it was deleted!!!  That was 5 years ago, it hasn't popped back on since.  I have had another one that did though...it was gone about 6 mo's and suddenly reported again.Smiley Sad

Let's hope that they are forgotten about.....Congrats on the removal!Smiley Very Happy
Message 13 of 15
maxq
Regular Contributor

thx for the replies, sorry i hopped on the post, it wasn't mine..lol...i am still a new poster so forgive me for anything i post incorrectly... i appreciate the feedback...i will take into consideration the suggestions on talking to a bank/lender prior to my home search....my wife and i really are trying to get into a house this year...save save save Smiley Very Happy
Goal of 825+ Gardening since 05/05/2017
Message 14 of 15
sunrise
Frequent Contributor

Maxq...You can "hop" on any post you want...YOU didn't do anything wrong!Smiley Wink
Welcome to the FICO forums...ask any questions you would like...we will answer them to the best of our knowledge!  (legally and ethically, we hope)Smiley Wink
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.