Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESTABLISHING CREDIT

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

ESTABLISHING CREDIT

Im new to the credit world and i cant wait to see my FICO score.

Heres my credit card profiles:

Cap One: $300.00 CL / $91.58 balance / 4 months old

Belk Rewards store card: $650.00 / $0.00 balance / Just opened last January

Amazon.com store card: $400 / $54.95 balance / Got approved today and bought something right away

So my question is will i get a credit score after 6 months or it have to wait for my new credit cards to pass the 6 month mark?

Some advices and tips will be appreciated and btw, i pulled my CR and i already have 10 inquiries
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: ESTABLISHING CREDIT

@Anonymous wrote:
Im new to the credit world and i cant wait to see my FICO score.

Heres my credit card profiles:

Cap One: $300.00 CL / $91.58 balance / 4 months old

Belk Rewards store card: $650.00 / $0.00 balance / Just opened last January

Amazon.com store card: $400 / $54.95 balance / Got approved today and bought something right away

So my question is will i get a credit score after 6 months or it have to wait for my new credit cards to pass the 6 month mark?

Some advices and tips will be appreciated and btw, i pulled my CR and i already have 10 inquiries

As soon as 1 of your accounts has a 6 month history FICO has enough to go on for a score. Your score will get better over time / good payment history / improving AAoA (average account age)

Only apply for credit if you need it. Golden rule.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I signed up for creditkarma.com and my credit score showed up. 669! Is this real or just an estimator? And on my credit report, my amazon card that i recently got approved of didnt show up on the report?
Message 3 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
I signed up for creditkarma.com and my credit score showed up. 669! Is this real or just an estimator? And on my credit report, my amazon card that i recently got approved of didnt show up on the report?

I'll use CK from time to time. The scores they offer are not FICO scores. Their FAKOs are a TransRisk score and VantageScore. Per Amazon, sometimes TU lags behind the rest of the CRAs when updating. If it's beyond a month after updating to the others, then I'd grow concerned, but a few days lag time after the statement cuts is normal.

Message 4 of 7
mtrsprt
Frequent Contributor

One thing I noticed was in my situation, as well as a few of my friends.  Credit Karma scores have always shown LOWER than what my friends and I actual FICO  TransUnion score is.   So this may be good for some, but bad for others.  At least if gives you a good idea of roughly where you stand.  Plus the benefits of the report card, with details,balances and grading is a nice little thing to watch over time.

Starting Score: 521 TU, 597 EQ, 574 EX on 6/20/2011
Current Score: 753 TU, 764 EQ, 766 EX on 02/17/2014
Goal Score: 720-740 Across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just want to ask a question because im new to credit. Im planning to close a store card from belk. I have a $650 CL but i dont think im planning to use it in the future. My sister offered me from NC and im in CA so there is no Belk stores her but she said i can shop online. The thing is if i close this account will it hurt my credit score? I opened it recently..January 25. I have Amazon store card just opened February 5 it has 400 CL, and my first credit card the Cap one with $300 CL and its 4 months old. So what should I do?? I need some advice please. Thank you in advance.
Message 6 of 7
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

<---works at Belk

Did you open that card up through me? Smiley Very Happy

Joking aside, I hate having to ask customers to open one, given my adversion to CCs', but they are a neccesary evil. I was once able to get a lady who followed Dave Ramsey, to open a belk rewards card.  haha.

I've had the card for nearly 3 years and have yet to pay a single penny in interest to Tim Belk (CEO), so I'm not sure if that is good/bad with regards to FICO.

I'm jealous you have an amazon card as I'm a true amazon junkey and have the free prime membership - so free shipping and no tax!!! (No tax will go away as soon as they open their two call centers/depo centers in Tennessee)

As for your 690 FAKO; someone will chime in shortly to give you the run down on the score you see vs that of a true FICO which can be purchased through this site here.  I bought two of them and they were FARRRR lower than my FAKO score, but again, yours may be accurate as the poster above pointed out.

It's really a individual case.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.