Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWS and Credit APP

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

EWS and Credit APP

Ok, so I'm finally improving my credit: 681 EQ, 677 TRAN, 684 EX. I am looking to apply for a credit or some other line of credit to up my score more. My problem is I have a hit chexsystem and probably a hit with EWS with Chase Bank.

My question is, will EWS and Chexsystem prevent me from opening any type of credit line?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Re: EWS and Credit APP

@Anonymous wrote:
Ok, so I'm finally improving my credit: 681 EQ, 677 TRAN, 684 EX. I am looking to apply for a credit or some other line of credit to up my score more. My problem is I have a hit chexsystem and probably a hit with EWS with Chase Bank.

My question is, will EWS and Chexsystem prevent me from opening any type of credit line?

Youll likely need to go to a bank or CU that doesnt rely on Chex or EWS or offers a less ideal account type if you want a checking account....(often called Second Chance checking, or fresh start checking account) 

It can have an impact on credit apps but primarily opening bank accounts...

Do obtain both your Chex and EWS report..... 

-J

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

A lot of credit unions offer second chance checking.  Debit cards a little more picky.  I know of atleast one credit union and I think Bank of Amercia still offers savings account  with ATM cards.  Some offer limited services based on Chex systems and credit reports.  For example the Credit Union a few doors down from our office offers second chance checking, debit cards and all all online banking  except home deposit via computer to any one. For home deposit ie remote deposit they require  a credit score over 760. 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry guys, not inquiring about a checking account. My question is, will being on checksystem and EWS hinder me from getting a credit card or any other type of credit account such as a loan?

Thanks!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.