Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EX Early Charge-Off deletion question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

EX Early Charge-Off deletion question

Checking on my reports on CCT this morning, and I was surprised to find that two old C/O  I had (one scheduled to drop in April, the other in Oct) were off my accounts.  Gained 17 points from it.

I had not initiated a dispute or anything, though I was planning to on the April one at the end of the month.    The later one is still on my TU (the earlier one was deleted a month or so ago via request) and they are both still on my EQ.

Is it likely they are off for good or is it possible/probable they may pop back up?  I'm also wondering if it was HSBC that did it and they are going to come off the other ones in the next few days or it was something EX did of their own accord.  I guess I'll find out on the next update with that.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: EX Early Charge-Off deletion question

It's possible but we have no way of knowing for certain since we cannot verify the reason for removal.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you.  I understand there is no way of knowing for sure.  Just was really odd to me that they both disappeared like that, nothing from my end prompting it, and really hoping they don't pop back up.  Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Removal of adverse items from your credit report can occur either because the furnisher of the information reported its deletion to the CRA,, or the adverse item reached its credit report exclusion date, and was excluded by the CRA from future credit reports.

Once the CRA has excluded, it wont re-appear.  Any reporing by the furnisher will be blocked by the CRA.

However, if the removal was via a deletion by the furnisher, it could be reinserted up to the date it reaches its credit report exclusion date, at whch time the CRA will block it.

What is the date of first delinquency (DOFD) on the charge-off?

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

May 2009, previously shown on EX to be removed 04/16 and 10/09, previously shown on EX to be removed on 09/16 or 10/16.   I can't remember for sure and I don't have the report with me, but I know the April one because I was getting ready to ask for early exclusion.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.