cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EX & EQ - WHY do they refuse to take off errors???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

EX & EQ - WHY do they refuse to take off errors???

This has to be one of the most frustrating pieces (not to mention NOW knowing EQ helps JDB's!) - EQ absolutely refuses to LOOK at my stinking report showing the account is EXACTLY THE SAME, except they changed (3) digits...even the BANKS can tell it's the same, however it is KILLING me in my score with them because it looks like I owe DOUBLE!

Can anyone offer something?  One good thing - I have a hearing on Thursday next week to see if this will end or maybe I just have to deal with it for two more years???
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: EX & EQ - WHY do they refuse to take off errors???

have you contacted the CA or OC direct?
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

If they can avoid doing, why should they? 

The lower your score, the more money lenders can charge you for loans.  If your score goes up (because of diligent and quick updating with the friendly CRA), then the amount people can charge you for loans goes down.

These same lenders use (at least) EX to give them information about people whose credit scores are improving.  In turn, guess who gets more business when they need to run credit. 

Here's my take:  It's a race to the bottom for the 3 CRAs.  Whichever one can continually keep its average FICO the lowest will win in the marketplace.  Experian is winning.  In fact, I would bet the house that Experian will be the ONLY cra within 10-15 years. 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

The OC was Providian, they sold the account I don't know how many times, I wouldn't get anywhere with them - the latest is LVNV, who is on their 3rd CA trying to collect, but LVNV will not respond - they just keep "verifying" the debt is MINE and it's DOUBLE reported - I hate this game they all play I cannot tell you....I am truly at a loss, which I guess is where they want things to be!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.