Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EX reports my Care Credit as retail card

tag
cuthatcard
Frequent Contributor

EX reports my Care Credit as retail card

New one me !

I swipe it at Rite Aide like a CC, use it like a CC but EX list it as a retail card ! 

FICO :November 2016
TU-761 EQ 756. EX - 749
No Baddies
QS1 -$2,000. Care Credit $9,600.00 CHASE Freedom $3,000.00 Discover IT $1,000.00
Inq TU 4 EQ 3 EX 2
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
RushXTC
Established Contributor

Re: EX reports my Care Credit as retail card

@cuthatcard wrote:

New one me !

I swipe it at Rite Aide like a CC, use it like a CC but EX list it as a retail card ! 

You can use your care credit at Rite Aide? what the heck?

Message 2 of 14
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

They are reporting correctly. Care Credit is a retail/store card. Just because you can use it at several different places like vets/doctors/rie aid etc....its NOT a major CC.. You can't use your Care credit card to pay for dinner or buy clothes at Macys. .UNLESS...you got the upgrade to the Care credit MasterCard.

At that point, once a retail/store card converts to a major like Visa or MC, then it will report as such.

In the meantime...its reporting as it should.....a retail card.
Message 3 of 14
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:
They are reporting correctly. Care Credit is a retail/store card. Just because you can use it at several different places like vets/doctors/rie aid etc....its NOT a major CC.. You can't use your Care credit card to pay for dinner or buy clothes at Macys. .UNLESS...you got the upgrade to the Care credit MasterCard.

At that point, once a retail/store card converts to a major like Visa or MC, then it will report as such.

What is needed to convert a regular care credit into the MC version?

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 4 of 14
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@grillandwinemaster wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

an invitation from Synch....its kindalike the once or twice a year when they go and "upgrade" certain card holders with retail versions, like JCP, BP, Sams, etc...requires an invitation to do so. You cant ask for it. 

Message 5 of 14
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

an invitation from Synch....its kindalike the once or twice a year when they go and "upgrade" certain card holders with retail versions, like JCP, BP, Sams, etc...requires an invitation to do so. You cant ask for it. 

That's kind of cute...

I'm sure I won't get invited to the party! Lol

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 6 of 14
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

That's kind of cute...

Thanks for the info, pizza. 

Message 7 of 14
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

That's kind of cute...

LOLOL...no problem...I never got invited either..

I just went hog wild earlier this year when my TU score hit 717, and  got ALL the majors from Synch I wanted,  like  10,  LMAO! Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 14
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@pizza1 wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

That's kind of cute...

I just went hog wild earlier this year when my TU score hit 717, and  got ALL the majors from Synch I wanted,  like  10,  LMAO! Smiley Wink

The heck my friend? Smiley Happy  I thought you were still closing cards!

        
Message 9 of 14
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

That's kind of cute...

The heck my friend? Smiley Happy  I thought you were still closing cards!

LOL Rev!! 

I am still closing!! Heck, I closed 3 or 4 I think already I think I got in January, (eek! oops Smiley Wink )I just had to see if I could get them all I gues, LOL ...

Obviously my TU score isnt 717 anymore, and took a dive. Itll take the full year to recover again. It was just one of those days where I went on a major app spree. Next major app spree will be a little more on the conservative side, and CRA appropriate as well. 

So glad to see you around here more!!  Ive missed you being around!! Would be so nice to see some of the "old crew" come back for a bitSmiley Happy

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.