Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXPERIAN CREDIT SCORE ISSUE!!!!!

tag
celeste45
Valued Member

EXPERIAN CREDIT SCORE ISSUE!!!!!

I have have requested a FICO score frm experian for the past 4 months or so. no luck. I have sent letters to experian and they just don't seem to get what I am saying. they have repeatedly sent the same credit reports. however, i can get a FAKO score. in addition to that my new cc's are not reporting (macys, bloomies, credit one, orchard and crown jewelers). how do i get them to report? and how do i get a credit score from FICO. I appreciate any response.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
cw81
Frequent Contributor

Re: EXPERIAN CREDIT SCORE ISSUE!!!!!

If you want your fico score why don't you use this site ? This is run by Fair Isaac the company responsible for fico. Experian gives you vantage scores I believe (someone correct me if I am wrong) which are FAKOs. At the home page of myfico.com you should see products and you should be able to purchase your product of choice.

In regards to the cards not reporting contact your creditors and find out why they aren't reporting how long have you had them some times it takes a month some creditors take more some take less. I would call and find out what their reporting schedule is.
Message 2 of 5
celeste45
Valued Member

thank you for your response cw81. i will contact creditors to find out why they are not reporting, i've had the cards 6months in september, 08. also i have requested a fico score from this website with no luck. i received message "fico score unavailable" i have contacted experian many times with this problem.
Message 3 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@celeste45 wrote:
I have have requested a FICO score frm experian for the past 4 months or so. no luck. I have sent letters to experian and they just don't seem to get what I am saying. they have repeatedly sent the same credit reports. however, i can get a FAKO score. in addition to that my new cc's are not reporting (macys, bloomies, credit one, orchard and crown jewelers). how do i get them to report? and how do i get a credit score from FICO. I appreciate any response.

You can't get a FICO score from EX; all they will sell is their FAKO Plus score. You have to get it here at myFICO. Click on "Products" up above and then decide which way you want to pull your score.

If you only want EX, and you don't expect to look at the others, FICO Standard is the straightforward way. Your score will only display for 30 days, and then it will go poof, so print out the report and/or save it to disk. It will NOT update.

FICO Credit Complete lets you pull all three (EQ, TU, and EX) at a slight discount. Same deal as above --30 days and then gone; no update.

@Anonymous Suze Orman kit allows you to pre-pay for three scores, and pull each one when you want to. You can pull EX three different times, over a period of months, or @ EX's and a TU, or all three all at once, or all three staggered over time, etc. They will display for 12 months; they will NOT update.

Whichever way you go, first google fico discount coupon code to find at least 15% off. We can't print them here, but they're easy enough to find, maybe with a little trial and error.

One thing to consider: myFICO customer service is closed until Tuesday, so if there's a snag, there's nothing you can do until then. So you might want to wait; otherwise, you can do it any time. If something hangs up, they will refund your money. HTH

edit to add: cw81 out-typed me! Smiley Very Happy

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 08-31-2008 01:29 PM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 5
cw81
Frequent Contributor

@celeste45 wrote:
thank you for your response cw81. i will contact creditors to find out why they are not reporting, i've had the cards 6months in september, 08. also i have requested a fico score from this website with no luck. i received message "fico score unavailable" i have contacted experian many times with this problem.

Ok you must be new to credit thats why your score is unavailable would be my logical explanation it takes about 6 months of reporting to get FICO score but if you are not new I will defer to someone else. Ok I just read you have had the cards for 6 months and they arent reporting that seems to be the issue. If you dont have anything reporting FICO cant give you a score. Definitely find out why they arent reporting, HTSU i was saving you the heavy lifting lol
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.