Regular Contributor
jojomomma

EXPERIAN CREDIT SCORE

I have been reading a lot of posts trying to educate myself on scores etc.  Multiple statements regarding Experian scores and the fact that they don't sell them or that we can not get access to them.   Did I just waist my time and money by signing up on the Experian, Experian Direct site?  I received a score and my report.  Is this not the real thing/site?

11/2011 FICO ...TU 672 ................EQ 654................. EX 649

Current FICO; .. TU 713 (10/14), .. EQ 723 (10/14) . .EX 719 (10/14)

Cap1 4800, Discover 7200, WM Discover 3800, Home Dpt 500, VS 500
Moderator Emeritus
llecs

Re: EXPERIAN CREDIT SCORE

There are two score types out there: FICOs and non-FICOs (we call them FAKOs). Experian took action a few years back to block all consumers from access their own EX FICO score. You can only access it with the help of your lender or certain CUs. Experian.com has an array of services like Experian Direct. None of their services ever offered a FICO. They always sold their own FAKO score. If you buy the service, do so knowing that it isn't a FICO and that the advice offered on their site may even contradict FICO scoring. So, ignore their scores and advice. However, the report info is good and many of us use these services for the report data only.

Regular Contributor
jojomomma

Thanks, I just cancelled my subscription to their monitoring.  It was worth the $1 to get my report.  Hopefully the fake score is wrong and its actually higher :smileyhappy:

11/2011 FICO ...TU 672 ................EQ 654................. EX 649

Current FICO; .. TU 713 (10/14), .. EQ 723 (10/14) . .EX 719 (10/14)

Cap1 4800, Discover 7200, WM Discover 3800, Home Dpt 500, VS 500
Valued Contributor
thom02099

llecs wrote:

There are two score types out there: FICOs and non-FICOs (we call them FAKOs). Experian took action a few years back to block all consumers from access their own EX FICO score. You can only access it with the help of your lender or certain CUs. Experian.com has an array of services like Experian Direct. None of their services ever offered a FICO. They always sold their own FAKO score. If you buy the service, do so knowing that it isn't a FICO and that the advice offered on their site may even contradict FICO scoring. So, ignore their scores and advice. However, the report info is good and many of us use these services for the report data only.

+1 !

While they provide subscribers with their own PLUS score which is a FAKO, it's a good product for monitoring TRENDS in your report, and very good for getting alerts for HP's on your report.  You'll have to go elsewhere to see SP's on the report.  Services such as CreditSesame won't give you info on inquiries, so that alone is a valuable tool for subscribing to the Experian product. 

Diners Club Premier MasterCard $50K / AMEX Gold NPSL / AMEX Zync NPSL / AMEX Blue Cash Preferred $14K / Bank of America Cash Rewards Signature Visa $15K / Merrill Lynch Plus Signature Visa $15K / Wells Fargo Propel 365 $15K / Chase Sapphire Preferred Signature Visa $10K / J P Morgan Select Signature Visa $10K / Chase Slate Visa $6K / CITI Diamond Preferred MasterCard $13.2K / Discover IT $10.5K / IberiaBank Select Visa $8K / 1st Command Bank Platinum Visa $7.5K // Home Depot $9.7K / Lowes $10K

EX = 799 EQ = 812 TU = 811 - 11/2014

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}