Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy Question...Sillly question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Easy Question...Sillly question

Greetings,
Does anybody know or have a general idea of how often the credit score changes?  Is this once a month or week? if anyone has a timeframe it would be greatly appreciated. 
If you have a debt on your account that hasn't been paid and its over 7 years are they suppose to remove it if it has been sold or charged off? 
Thanks for the info in advance!!!

Assets...
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Easy Question...Sillly question

Hi there, and welcome to the forum. There's a wealth of information here, if you look hard enough.

I suggest you read, under the "Understanding FICO Scoring" major thread,
"Credit Scoring 101 - START HERE!"

To answer your first question, as a credit score is a snapshot in time, it gives you a picture at the time the CR was pulled. It could change daily, depending on many factors:utilization, credit limit increase or decrease, rate increase or decrease, the aging of any lates or any other 'baddies' that may be lurking on it, to name a few.

There is no predictable way to foresee these things that I know of. Sorry. Smiley Sad

I'm hesitant to answer your 2nd question. I'm sure others with more experience than I can answer it though. Smiley Happy

"Never ever, ever be late. Never"
Message 2 of 3
UnderEstimated
Contributor

Re: Easy Question...Sillly question

Your credit score technically can change daily, at the time the report was pulled.  There are so many different factors and variables involved that there is no way to predict changes.  The Credit Score 101 thread should explain everything you really need to know.

Also, after 7 years it's supposed to be removed from your credit report; not put as charged off. 
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.