Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Effect on score of removing collection accounts from report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Effect on score of removing collection accounts from report

I purchased Suzie Orman's program and have looked at the credit simulator to see what different actions will do for me....however, they have nothing on there about collection accounts.

How much can clearing these items off an account help me?  I have a couple of medical bills...one for around 700 and another for around 1100 that will definitely be paid in full and I am writing GW letters hoping that they will remove these and than I have a few other items ranging from $20 up to $450 that I'm hoping to work with as well.

Please let me know if anyone has answers.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Effect on score of removing collection accounts from report

a lot of it depends on the rest of the info on your reports, as well as the age of the baddies that you mentioned.  my guess is that you would see pretty decent increase in scores.  i would definitely try to get rid of them via gw's and pfd the one's you havent paid yet.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Take a look at my post...
I had a pretty good jump up!!

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=generalcredit&message.id=18729#M18729

Good Luck!!!

(PS My sis has a couple of Salukis... Very cool dogs!!)
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

salukis are awesome.  i am more of an old bulldog though.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had a score increase of 11 points and 33 points for having collections deleted. It depends on the age. The more recent the collection, the bigger the boost once it is deleted. This has been my experience. Keep us posted.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.