Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eliminate ID Theft Reviews

tag
shoppingsenior
Valued Member

Eliminate ID Theft Reviews

Anyone that has used this what do you tihnk of the product?  I was considering USAA, but now with the price increase have decided against it.

I would like to be able to do a daily pull if possible. Thank you as always for your awesome help Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
shoppingsenior
Valued Member

Re: Eliminate ID Theft Reviews

Bump..

Message 2 of 10
igids1
Regular Contributor

Not sure about eliminate ID, but I pay 11.12 a month

for USAA daily pulls.

Message 3 of 10
shoppingsenior
Valued Member

Thank you igids1. When I called as a new customer they said it was $22.94 for the daily pull now.

Message 4 of 10
Datx
Valued Contributor

I believe USAA lost quite a few customers once the price went up. Right now, I only use EIDT. With EIDT, you have to wait a full 24 hours from the last time you pull (refresh) your CR, before you can pull it again. Meaning if you pulled your CR today at 4:30 pm in the afternoon, you have to wait til at least 4:31 pm the next day before you can pull again. Actually to be safe, I even wait at least 5 minutes or more the next day before I pull again. If you make a mistake and pull before the 24 hour period, you'll get a message saying that you already have a current CR, and you basically 'mess up the rotation' I guess you can say for the day. You have to wait again the next day before you can pull again. With USAA, you don't have to wait a full 24 hours before pulling you CR again.

Another thing that somtimes irks me with EIDT, the service is actually through MPM short for My Privacy Matters. You sign up with EIDT first, then they get with MPM to create your account. What this means is you have to do a login to EDIT first, then it directs you to MPM's login which is about two or three different sites (or windows)  before you can actually get to the point that you can pull your CR. Just a lot of diff logins or different 'windows' before you get there thats all.

All in all, im pretty satisfied with Eliminate ID Theft, and for me, its the cheaper option for daily pulls. Now, im not sure, but I do believe that USAA was giving certain people a discount for their daily pull service up to a certain amount of time. But I believe its for people that have had their service for awhile now. If you can't get USAA for the discount price, I'd go with EIDT for a cheap daily pull service. I do want to add, that it may take some time for your account to be set up with EIDT. So be patient. Again, the service is actually through MPM, so it takes time to get your accounts set up between the two. Hope this helps.

Message 5 of 10
XxRaVeNxX
Regular Contributor

@igids1 wrote:

Not sure about eliminate ID, but I pay 11.12 a month

for USAA daily pulls.

As do I...

Chase Southwest $5000 - November 2012 Wal Mart $1000 - November 2012 NFCU Visa $5,000 - Sept 2012 NFCU NavCheck $3,000 - October 2012 Amazon $900 - Aug 2012 Kay's Jewlery $2700 - Aug 2012 Buckle $250 (Shopping cart trick) - October 2012 Roaman's $250 (Shopping cart trick) - October 2012 Capital One Secured $225 - April 2012 Capital One Platinum $2500 - July 2012
Message 6 of 10
snsforever916
Regular Contributor

I use eliminate ID...It's basically truecredit.<---Which I hated. It is inexpensive I can pull mine and my hubbies daily for $17 bucks. The user interface is kinda annoying. You have to login into Eliminate Id then Privacy matters. Now I realized that I can just use privacy matters. Intially you have to wait 48 hours for the account set up.  It's a transunion product which I'd rather have Equifax or Experian.You cannot see past reports once you refresh, scores are worthless and sometimes I doubt the actual validity of some of the information/updates slowly!!!

However, daily pulls of both of us at a cheap price are priceless and what I will do until our rebuilding is done. And the only reason why I canceled credit check total. When I am done with rebuilding I will just use myfico/scorewatch and all the free ones quizzle, credit karma...etc

Starting Scores:
Lender Pull 7/10/2012 EQ 585 EX 617 TU 551
8/2012 MyFico EX 598 01/2013 EX 608 2/2013 EX 620 Smiley Surprised)
9/12/2012 624 (Fico Discover)
02/7/2013 660 (Fico Wally)
At least I'm heading in the right direction!!!

Goal Score:740+, home loan and Get rid of subprime cards!!!

Message 7 of 10
igids1
Regular Contributor

Call back and tell them you want the discounted rate. If they do not give it to you, hang up and call back again and say the same thing to someone else.

Message 8 of 10
shoppingsenior
Valued Member

USAA CMS just gave me 1/2 off for a year!! They said since I am in the military. OMG too excited. Thanks for all the responses.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

One quick question, did it provide 7 years payment history , Orr just 24 months. Thanks

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.