Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email to Cancel Credit Check Total

tag
kshurika
Frequent Contributor

Email to Cancel Credit Check Total

After signing up for CCT, I saw a few topics hear about the difficulty of canceling it by calling their 800 number. Does anyone know the email address for the cancellation request? I don't think help@ creditchecktotal.com will do the trick.

Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Email to Cancel Credit Check Total

That is the correct address

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kshurika wrote:
After signing up for CCT, I saw a few topics hear about the difficulty of canceling it by calling their 800 number. Does anyone know the email address for the cancellation request? I don't think help@ creditchecktotal.com will do the trick.

Thanks in advance.

That is the correct email address.  Similarly to how they get backed up with phone calls, they presumably get backed up with emails as well, as I've gone several days without getting a response in the past.  It doesn't bother me, though, as the original email you send them is time-stamped.  So, even if your 7 days passes before they get to your email and even if they charge you for a full month membership, once they get to your email they will have no problem refunding your CC.  A best practice to avoid this though is to use a pre-paid card or gift card that has < $25 balance on it.  I have one that I just for JUST CCT $1 trials. It's got like $19 left on it, which is good for another 18 trials.  If they try to bill you a full month, which is $27 or $28, it will decline as you won't have sufficient funds on the card.

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@kshurika wrote:

Thanks in advance.

That is the correct email address.  Similarly to how they get backed up with phone calls, they presumably get backed up with emails as well, as I've gone several days without getting a response in the past.  It doesn't bother me, though, as the original email you send them is time-stamped.  So, even if your 7 days passes before they get to your email and even if they charge you for a full month membership, once they get to your email they will have no problem refunding your CC.  A best practice to avoid this though is to use a pre-paid card or gift card that has < $25 balance on it.  I have one that I just for JUST CCT $1 trials. It's got like $19 left on it, which is good for another 18 trials.  If they try to bill you a full month, which is $27 or $28, it will decline as you won't have sufficient funds on the card.

REALLY great idea. I'll be doing this today! I've been on hold with them for 39 minutes now...

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kshurika wrote:

Thanks in advance.

I think the best thing to do is to call and hold until you get a response (which can be around 2 hr, but if you call early in the morning you might get an answer in about 40 min). When I finally got to talk to them I asked about their email and they said they are getting so many emails that sometimes they might miss someones request of cancellation. But it defenitely worth sending an email in case on disputing monthly charges.

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Those are some crazy wait times that people have been quoting.  45 mintes, 90 minutes, 120+ minutes?  The other day I waited on hold for S&Gs just to see how long it would take and it was 22 minutes, which wasn't terrible.

Message 6 of 16
kshurika
Frequent Contributor

Just to follow up on this topic:  I've now signed up for CCT about 4X and have cancelled with an email the same number of times. Effortless. I can't sign up again until I get the email acknowledging that I've cancelled, but I'm in no hurry. There's absolutely no need to call them. 

Btw, the idea to get a pre-paid 25$ Amex card from a drugstore is a good one. You won't be auto-charged.  

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Email does indeed work, it just sometimes takes them a while to get back to you.  I do highly recommend the phone number that I posted in this thread, though, as the wait times for me have ranged from zero (instant pickup) to 5-10 minutes on average.  IMO that's completely reasonable for cancelling an awesome $1 service.  At the link below, the number can be found for quicker phone cancellation:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/NEW-CCT-number-to-cancel-lt-wait-time-etc/m-p/...

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

Email does indeed work, it just sometimes takes them a while to get back to you.  I do highly recommend the phone number that I posted in this thread, though, as the wait times for me have ranged from zero (instant pickup) to 5-10 minutes on average.  IMO that's completely reasonable for cancelling an awesome $1 service.  At the link below, the number can be found for quicker phone cancellation:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/NEW-CCT-number-to-cancel-lt-wait-time-etc/m-p/5152409

I have a trial membership that I'm on the fence right now about cancelling or letting continue - if I do cancel it'll be after the update on Tuesday (I started the trial on the 13th so I need to cancel by the 22nd). Is CCT still offering half-off on memberships to people who call in to cancel? I remember last year when I tried my first trial with CCT, they didn't tender me such an offer.

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

The most recent feedback I heard was that half price memberships weren't being offered upon cancellation lately.  I know I have not been offered one at least the last 3-4 times, but I haven't inquired either.  Also, FYI, if you started your trial on the 13th, you would need to cancel it by the 20th; waiting until the 22nd as you suggested above would likely result in you being billed for a full monthly membership, as you would have gone past the 7 day trial window.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.