cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Employment background check question....

tag
IrishPM
Frequent Contributor

Employment background check question....

Recently I got a call from a recruiter I've been working with over the last 3 months, after a series of interviews with the company's HR rep and the department heads that I would be reporting to, he congratulated me on my successful interview and the company wants to hire me. Great news all around. The companies hiring process for the paperwork is slow and I'm ok with that. However, about 3 business days later, after congratulating me on the verbal job offer, my recruiter sent me a "background check" form to fill out, sign and return to him as soon as possible. I completed the form and returned it to the recruiter on October 7, 2014, same day. On a whim, and I hadn't purchased my FICO scores and credit reports for the last 3 months, I purchased the 3 reports from myFico...I just wanted to make sure everything is ok and it is. Looking at the inquiries section for Experian, Equifax and TransUnion, I have no "new inquiries" listed in my file. Anyone know if this is a "hard or soft pull" by the firm doing the credit, identity, background check?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Billybob_TX
Frequent Contributor

Re: Employment background check question....

Maybe none on the credit reports, they might pull L/N, or just do some manual checking which won't show up. Lots and lots of databases out there.

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Employment background check question....

Employment checks are coded as soft.

If you order a full report from annualcreditreport.com, it will show the softs.

It should have an inquiry code of EMP.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.