Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax - Anyone ever have this experience. Tuscany, Noah, TNWM, everyone

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax - Anyone ever have this experience. Tuscany, Noah, TNWM, everyone

I have a collection account for HSBC/Orchard Listed for a company called Mainstreet. Equifax is reporting this as an open/revolving tradeline. TU lists this correctly as a collection. The original HSBC/Orchard is on the CR as well. Well today I get a score alert that my score dropped 3 points because the Mainstreet account chargedoff.

How on earth can a collection account charge off? So, I call and dispute with Equifax as a duplicate account as it is showing the exact same account number. I get a person in India who keeps putting me on hold for 3-5 minutes each time before she initiates the investigation. Also a creditor of mine mispelled my address and I told them this as the correct address is listed in other addresses. She told me that they will investigate. Sounds crazy. Westminster Ave and Westmin ster Ave. They should of just deleted the later address as I said it was wrong and anyone can see that.

Since the collection account has been transferred sold, shouldn't this account go bye-bye. If so, does this give me a chance to pay the new collection company before they put it on my credit report? Also, has anyone been on hold with EQ several times during a call to request an investigation?

Thanks for your feedback. Needed to vent as well.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax - Anyone ever have this experience. Tuscany, Noah, TNWM, everyone

Bump
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Give them time to investigate...one of the first mistakes people make with correcting credit reports is expecting quick results. You would think that in the Information Age things would move faster, but they don't...most CRAs are in the "allow six to eight weeks for delivery" mode everyone else was in back in the Eighties.

Give them two or three weeks...if nothing changes, call back in and ask for a supervisor. If calling doesn't yield results, start doing things snail mail, CMRRR, that whole ball of wax. Log dates and contact details.

Message Edited by TheNewWorldMan on 07-24-2007 04:51 PM
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm actually curious about this as well.  I have one account that shows closed/collection/charge-off on two of the three CRs but EQ shows 120 days late - that's the one that is listed twice, one the same way the OC listed it, and the second one showing OPEN 4/2004 - obviously price goes up monthly!
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the feedback. I was a little bumbed because I was getting reading to send a PFD for the collection account. It just doesn't seem right that a collection agency account can charge off? But, at least this has taken my revolving account balance with EQ down by 2000.00.

Also, was it better for this to report as open/revolving or as a genuine collection account as it truly is? Hopefully, they will just delete it or the original one as they were both reporting
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.