Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax Complete Premier Score- $4.95/30 day trial

tag
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Equifax Complete Premier Score- $4.95/30 day trial

My Fico scores have been moving up nicely recently as the accounts included in my 2010 BK7 fall, and my utilization drops under 10%, thanks to new CCs. I get plenty of TU Fico scores from Discove card, BoA, & Walmart, and EX Fico scores from Amex, Discover's Scorecard, and my free account at Experian's CreditScore.com - I did the $4.95 30 day trial and when I cancelled I got a free account with updated EX Fico once a month.

But nothing for EQ except for the weekly CK Vantage 3 score and Penfed's quarterly EQ score which is a NextGen score. So I decided to do the $4.95 30 trial for Equifax's Complete Premier Plan. I'm hoping that when I cancel it I'll get a free account & monthly score, bu't we'll see. But I have to say Equifax's Complete Premier is the screwiest credit report I've ever seen. I'm thinking surely it's EQ score is accurate, which is 711. The last report I had was from a CCT $1 trial in May, which was 685, pretty close to my May Penfed NG score of 689. That would correspond with EX, which according to Discover Scorecard & Amex jumped from 678 to 711. Both EX & EQ had 1 IIB account, my non-reaffirmed mortgage, which has now fallen off, as for all 3 reports there are no mortgage accounts..

But is EQ screwy on TU scores. It claims my TU Fico is only 692. I don't think so, within the past week Discover, BoA & Walmart have all reported it as 716. And it gets worse on detailed credit report. I have 1 open installment loan, a car loan opened in Feb. 2015 for $10k, the balance is now $5,150. Yet on my EQ Premier report it claims my Installment Debt to Credit Ratio is 88% on both EQ & EX, with a balance of $8,767! A little behind the time, fellas. At least TU is better, installment loan balance of $3,648. Just one small problem: That car loan is with a small local CU that only reports to EQ & EX. In fact, on my TU Fico score I get 2 negative items - public record, and "lack of recent installment loans". Smiley LOL

And the balances & CLs on CCs is all screwy as well, EQ & EX have total CLs $12k less than actual CLs, and TU is reported as CLs $20k less than EQ & EX.

Well, I probably should have just done another CCT $1 trial to check on EQ, but I've done that 4-5 times & tied of that game, and I wanted to try to EQ trial and see if I end up with a free EQ account & monthly score. But so far I'm not impressed.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Re: Equifax Complete Premier Score- $4.95/30 day trial

I should have mentioned that this Equifax Complete Premier plan gives you all 3 CRA's FICO score once a year, so that initial mangled 3 CRA report was it. But it gives you daily updates for EQ. So I updated the EQ report this morning and now things are reporting correctly: Car installment loan loan is reporting correctly at 51%. My payment on the 16th will take it down under 50%, so I'll see if that gives me a few points bump.I've read here on MyFico that when you get an installment loan down to 9% you get the biggest point jump, but my car loan is a 60 month loan @1.99% for a 2 year old car from Hertz, so no, I'm not paying it down just to chase credit score points. 

And CC revolving total CL is correct, as is util at 9%. I'm finalizing a Penfed $25k HELOC, appraisal came in good, so I want to see if since it's a revolving line of credit if it's CL gets added to revolving total CL and if its categorized as real estate.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DaveInAZ wrote:

I should have mentioned that this Equifax Complete Premier plan gives you all 3 CRA's FICO score once a year, so that initial mangled 3 CRA report was it. But it gives you daily updates for EQ. So I updated the EQ report this morning and now things are reporting correctly: Car installment loan loan is reporting correctly at 51%. My payment on the 16th will take it down under 50%, so I'll see if that gives me a few points bump. And CC revolving total CL is correct, as is util at 9%. I'm finalizing a Penfed $25k HELOC, appraisal came in good, so I want to see if since it's a revolving line of credit if it's CL gets added to revolving total CL and if its categorized as real estate.

Do you have a link to Equifax Complete Premier plan?

Message 3 of 10
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, this gives you the details of the EQ Premier Plan: https://www.equifax.com/personal/

But that's the regular plan that's $19.95 per month. I use Firefox as my primary browser, so I searched with Chrome, which has no Equifax cookies for me. Looks like there is also a 7 day free trial: http://www.equifax.com/freetrial/

And the $4.95 30 day trial I signed up for: http://www.equifax.com/equifaxcomplete/PSbr/

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DaveInAZ wrote:
@Anonymous wrote:

Well, this gives you the details of the EQ Premier Plan: https://www.equifax.com/personal/

But that's the regular plan that's $19.95 per month. I use Firefox as my primary browser, so I searched with Chrome, which has no Equifax cookies for me. Looks like there is also a 7 day free trial: http://www.equifax.com/freetrial/

And the $4.95 30 day trial I signed up for: http://www.equifax.com/equifaxcomplete/PSbr/

These do not appear to be Fico scores?

"Equifax® 3-Bureau credit scores are each based on the Equifax Credit Score model,"

Message 5 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Just say no to equifaxSmiley Wink They arr most problemstic for me. LOL
Message 6 of 10
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

These do not appear to be Fico scores?

"Equifax® 3-Bureau credit scores are each based on the Equifax Credit Score model,"

Duh! You're right! I was rushing and not paying close attention, but it didn't occur to me that Equifax would have the gall to try to charge you $20/mo. for your score that's of their own making and no creditor would ever think of using. That's why their 3B report was so screwy:

eq08-03-17.jpg

Those scores don't match up with anything. My Credit Karma Vantage scores as July 30 were TU 692 & EQ 702. And these are my FICO 08 scores from a CCT $1 trial I did today (and should have done in the first place):

cct08-04-17.jpg

Credit score provided by the Equifax service are completely useless, no creditor would ever use them Don't bother ever signing up for an Equifax CS service. Smiley Mad

And CCT (Credit Check Total) $1 7 day trail remains the king for quick & cheap FICO 08 scores for all 3 CRAs.

Well, at least I finally found out what I wanted to know, now that all the IIB accounts included in my 2010 BK7 have fallen off all my reports, and my FICO scores have increase almost 40 points from May. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax is crap.

Message 8 of 10
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@DaveInAZ wrote:

My Fico scores have been moving up nicely recently as the accounts included in my 2010 BK7 fall, and my utilization drops under 10%, thanks to new CCs. I get plenty of TU Fico scores from Discove card, BoA, & Walmart, and EX Fico scores from Amex, Discover's Scorecard, and my free account at Experian's CreditScore.com - I did the $4.95 30 day trial and when I cancelled I got a free account with updated EX Fico once a month.

But nothing for EQ except for the weekly CK Vantage 3 score and Penfed's quarterly EQ score which is a NextGen score. So I decided to do the $4.95 30 trial for Equifax's Complete Premier Plan. I'm hoping that when I cancel it I'll get a free account & monthly score, bu't we'll see. But I have to say Equifax's Complete Premier is the screwiest credit report I've ever seen. I'm thinking surely it's EQ score is accurate, which is 711. The last report I had was from a CCT $1 trial in May, which was 685, pretty close to my May Penfed NG score of 689. That would correspond with EX, which according to Discover Scorecard & Amex jumped from 678 to 711. Both EX & EQ had 1 IIB account, my non-reaffirmed mortgage, which has now fallen off, as for all 3 reports there are no mortgage accounts..

But is EQ screwy on TU scores. It claims my TU Fico is only 692. I don't think so, within the past week Discover, BoA & Walmart have all reported it as 716. And it gets worse on detailed credit report. I have 1 open installment loan, a car loan opened in Feb. 2015 for $10k, the balance is now $5,150. Yet on my EQ Premier report it claims my Installment Debt to Credit Ratio is 88% on both EQ & EX, with a balance of $8,767! A little behind the time, fellas. At least TU is better, installment loan balance of $3,648. Just one small problem: That car loan is with a small local CU that only reports to EQ & EX. In fact, on my TU Fico score I get 2 negative items - public record, and "lack of recent installment loans". Smiley LOL

And the balances & CLs on CCs is all screwy as well, EQ & EX have total CLs $12k less than actual CLs, and TU is reported as CLs $20k less than EQ & EX.

Well, I probably should have just done another CCT $1 trial to check on EQ, but I've done that 4-5 times & tied of that game, and I wanted to try to EQ trial and see if I end up with a free equifax  EQ account & monthly score. But so far I'm not impressed.

I just cancelled my Equifax plan. The score was useless. The report was ok when I got it, although it took a long time to update it each time. But the dealbreaker was that I usually couldn't get the report, it would usually crash.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 9 of 10
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

I just cancelled my Equifax plan. The score was useless. The report was ok when I got it, although it took a long time to update it each time. But the dealbreaker was that I usually couldn't get the report, it would usually crash.

I just cancelled this morning as well, my 30 day trial for $4.95 was going to end 9/3. The nice thing is that you can cancel online instead of having to call & wait for a live person like CCT. It was nice for alerts for balance increase/decrease, new accounts/inquiries, etc., but I can get those free from CK. The main thing is that the credit score is useless, of EQ's own making, it doesn't match FICO 08, FICO 09 (from Penfed) or even Vantage. But I didn't have any problems getting my reeport, no long wait or crash on my Windows 10 desktop w/Firefox browser.

Penfed members can get this plan for a discounted price, but I sure can't recommend it.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.