Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax Complete Premier scoring changes

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax Complete Premier scoring changes

I know that they use a different model than most. I just upated my report and I went down 50 points. What I don't get is that everything has remained the same except that I dropped one collection account and another negative since the previous report. My balances and limits all remain the same. My AAoA has remained the same. My inquiries have remoaned the same. What gives? I've been trying to go through the reports just to make sure I didn't miss anything. I know the number itself is not important, but I would at least like to know how it went down when I expected it to be the same or go up slightly.

edit: According to MyFico, the score has remained the same as it updated yesterday. (which I assume means that there were changes to the report) Maybe I should just ignore the Experian Complete Premier score since it's not a FICO anyways.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
iv
Valued Contributor

Re: Equifax Complete Premier scoring changes

@Anonymous wrote:

I know that they use a different model than most. I just upated my report and I went down 50 points. What I don't get is that everything has remained the same except that I dropped one collection account and another negative since the previous report. My balances and limits all remain the same. My AAoA has remained the same. My inquiries have remoaned the same. What gives? I've been trying to go through the reports just to make sure I didn't miss anything. I know the number itself is not important, but I would at least like to know how it went down when I expected it to be the same or go up slightly.

edit: According to MyFico, the score has remained the same as it updated yesterday. (which I assume means that there were changes to the report) Maybe I should just ignore the Experian Complete Premier score since it's not a FICO anyways.

Yes.

At least the VS3.0 model from CK has some real-world usage, small though it may be.

And is free.

The "Equifax Credit Score model" doesn't, and yet costs money...

If you're just concerned about the contents of your reports, use whichever free or paid monitoring services you find useful.

But if you're concerned about your scores, determine which scores matter for the lender/product you intend to apply for, then pull those.

Almost always this will be FICO 8, FICO 8 BC, or EX2/EQ5/TU4.

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply. I sorta went on a monitoring app. binge as I wanted to compare the different ones and see what they listed on my reports. I still have a week or 10 days left on my membership, so I figured I'd at least use it for the free updates to see what changed on my report. I currently use CK and WH for free services just to check reports and CCT and My Fico to check actual scores. (I'll probably drop MyFico due to CCT being cheaper)

I was just making sure I didn't miss anything that would show on that report and not the others I use.

Message 3 of 4
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Definitely consider the relevance of a given scoring model.  As pointed out above, that Equifax score is not used by any creditor.

@Anonymous wrote:

My AAoA has remained the same. My inquiries have remoaned the same. What gives? I've been trying to go through the reports just to make sure I didn't miss anything. I know the number itself is not important, but I would at least like to know how it went down when I expected it to be the same or go up slightly. 

Are you sure about the AAoA?  Removal of a derog can lead to a scoring decrease in somce cases, depending on the details.  A drop in AAoA is one possibble example.  However, even so,one is still generally better off without the derog than with.  Don't just obsess over numbers.  Focus on the data in your reports.

@Anonymous wrote:

Maybe I should just ignore the Experian Complete Premier score since it's not a FICO anyways.

Don't rely on oversimplifcations like FAKO versus FICO.  Again, consider the relevance of a given model.  As stated above, Vantagescores are used by some creditors.

Also, you cannot assume that a given FICO is always relevant.  If, for example, a creditor/product uses an EQ FICO8 Bankcard then your TU FICO 8 will not be relevant even though the latter is a FICO.  Both the the model & CRA matter.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.