Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax Contact PLEASE!

tag
Neblett
Regular Contributor

Equifax Contact PLEASE!

I need to contact a live person at Equifax.  I live in a CSC state, but even though CSC has all my information correct, Equifax keeps reporting it wrong on my reports, which is affecting my scores badly.  CSC and the original creditors cannot do anything, because as far as their records are concerned their information is correct and has been reported to Equifax. 

When I call the numbers I have for Equifax, I can never get through to a live person without an EQ report number, which I don't have because of the fact that I'm in CSC territory.  But this is getting ridiculous!

Any help?
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Equifax Contact PLEASE!

EQ will not help you. You must deal with CSC. Try one of these:

866-264-4878

281-878-1900

281-878-4848

800-305-7868

Message 2 of 29
Neblett
Regular Contributor

I have already taken care of this with CSC.  My CSC records are 100% accurate - I have double and triple-checked this.  And they have updated all my records their database, which they say is shared with Equifax. 

My problem is that when I pull Equifax info from TrueCredit or MyFICO, there are two or three tradelines that are incorrect.  And when creditors pull my info, they will be pulling from EQ, not CSC.  So I am just trying to find out why EQ does not have the same info as CSC, and if there is a time lag in reporting, how long must I wait for the two sets of records to line up.

Message 3 of 29
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Neblett wrote:
I have already taken care of this with CSC.  My CSC records are 100% accurate - I have double and triple-checked this.  And they have updated all my records their database, which they say is shared with Equifax. 

My problem is that when I pull Equifax info from TrueCredit or MyFICO, there are two or three tradelines that are incorrect.  And when creditors pull my info, they will be pulling from EQ, not CSC.  So I am just trying to find out why EQ does not have the same info as CSC, and if there is a time lag in reporting, how long must I wait for the two sets of records to line up.

CSC is an affiliate of EQ so the reports should be the same (regardless if you are using MyFICO, TC or EQ).
Message 4 of 29
Neblett
Regular Contributor

Hence my problem.

I have my CSC reports and they are NOT the same as what is reporting with EQ through the various other outlets. The CSC reports are the ones I have had cleaned up. MOST of what I corrected with CSC is reporting correctly with EQ, but not all. So, I'd like to get to the bottom of this. This is really worrying me, because when I go to a car dealership, they are not pulling from CSC, but from EQ, and they're not going to care what my CSC report says if it's not reflected correctly on the EQ side.

The people who are reporting incorrectly are EQ, not CSC. This is why I'd like to talk to someone at EQ.
Message 5 of 29
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Weird. Try:

1-866-264-4878
Message 6 of 29
Neblett
Regular Contributor

That number is for CSC.

I have a personal account contact - via email - at CSC.

Talking to CSC does not help me, because CSC tells me that my accounts are correct. I have several reports that confirms that this is true.

The issue is with Equifax. I know you want me to talk to CSC. I have done that.

I have talked to CSC.

I have talked to CSC.

I have talked to CSC.

It is resolved with them.

What is to be gained with talking to them?
Message 7 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 8 of 29
Neblett
Regular Contributor

AAARGH!!!

No more contact info for CSC!

I have it!

I have used it!

I have a very specific issue with Equifax, and need to talk to someone THERE!

Let's just end this thread before I get really frustrated by repeating myself.

These responses are not addressing my original question or helping.

I'll just forget this problem and fight bigger battles.

Message Edited by Neblett on 06-27-2007 06:15 PM
Message 9 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can try the number for EQ on your reports, but in a CSC state I don't believe they are going to talk with you--at all.

I have yet to hear of anyone in a CSC state who got thru to EQ and disputed with them directly.

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.