Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax Credit Score 100 points off!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax Credit Score 100 points off!

Hello, I am a new member, I am still rebuilding my credit and I have a very thin file. I am an authorized user for Capital one which only have 750 CL. I got a pre approval letter from CITI diamond preferred, I went a head and apply, wasn't expecting for approval and got a 2000 CL. I recently found out the shopping cart trick ( thanks to FICO forums Smiley Happy  ) Now I got VS,JCREW and Express hopefully that will help my score.

Okay so I recently checked my credit scores from the 3 bureau, my Experian is 736, Transunion is 711 and to my surprised my Equifax is 636 and that is 100 points off and I have no idea why. Please help...

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Equifax Credit Score 100 points off!

Welcome to MyFico. Hopefully we can help. 

First of all, the shopping cart trick is great, but don't go crazy with it. It might seem great to get a lot of cards to build credit, but then you end up with a bunch of cards you never use. I would only use it for stores you shop at =] 

Secondly, where did you get these scores from? Are they from MyFico? And with the disparity in your EQ score, I would go to annualcreditreport.com and pull all three of your reports (this is free to do once a year) and see if everything is all reporting correctly. Make sure there are no innacuracies, or maybe negative accounts that you didn't know where there. 

Hope this helps! 

Message 2 of 6
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Okay so I recently checked my credit scores from the 3 bureau, my Experian is 736, Transunion is 711 and to my surprised my Equifax is 636 and that is 100 points off and I have no idea why. Please help...

This is a very common topic and there's even an Understanding FICO Scoring subforum that you can refer to in addition to the prior discussions on the matter.  It's not just the CRA's that matter but the scoring model used.  You can't expect a score generated by one model to be the same as a score generated by an entirely different model even if both models are FICO's.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jsucool76 wrote:

First of all, the shopping cart trick is great, but don't go crazy with it. It might seem great to get a lot of cards to build credit, but then you end up with a bunch of cards you never use. I would only use it for stores you shop at =] 

Secondly, where did you get these scores from? Are they from MyFico? And with the disparity in your EQ score, I would go to annualcreditreport.com and pull all three of your reports (this is free to do once a year) and see if everything is all reporting correctly. Make sure there are no innacuracies, or maybe negative accounts that you didn't know where there. 

Hope this helps! 

Thanks will keep that in mind! Okay so I got my credit scores from Creditreport.com, when I looked at my report everything EX and TU were correct but the equifax. My employment and recent address is not updated from EQ. Do you think this is why? I am still waiting for my full report from them. 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@takeshi74 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

This is a very common topic and there's even an Understanding FICO Scoring subforum that you can refer to in addition to the prior discussions on the matter.  It's not just the CRA's that matter but the scoring model used.  You can't expect a score generated by one model to be the same as a score generated by an entirely different model even if both models are FICO's.

Thanks! will look at the subforum.

Message 5 of 6
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

Hope this helps! 

Thanks will keep that in mind! Okay so I got my credit scores from Creditreport.com, when I looked at my report everything EX and TU were correct but the equifax. My employment and recent address is not updated from EQ. Do you think this is why? I am still waiting for my full report from them. 

The employment and address wont affect that. the scores from creditreport.com are not true FICO scores. So I wouldn't pay them much mind. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.