Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax Disputes Past 30 Days

tag
GameMaster1564
New Contributor

Equifax Disputes Past 30 Days

I still have two equifax disputes that are still pending past 30 days. The first dispute was submitted on 11/24 with the 30 days up on 12/15. The other was one done on 12/01 with 30 days up on 12/29. I have not received any other word on any of these disputes. The disputes were done online btw.

What is my next course of action?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Equifax Disputes Past 30 Days

I'd wait until mid-week next week (after the new year) and ask.

Yeah 30 days but holidays are screwy.

        
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im having the same problem with Equifax. I have their email saying that they will complete the dispute by 12/22 but I have not heard from them since Nov 25th. 

Message 3 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The CRA has 30 days from date of filing to complete their reinvestigation (or 45 days if the consumer filed additional info after filing the original dispute), and then an additional 5 business days to send their Notice of Results of Reinvestigation.  If mailed, add on mailing time.

Standard time can be 40+ days from filing of the dispute.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you guys checked the status on their website?

I too filed a dispute on Equifax but just did it yesterday over some duplicate HPs that creditor did not initiate.

Message 5 of 7
GameMaster1564
New Contributor

Well one of the disputes finally was closed and got the results I wanted. (Deletion from Stellar Recovery)

The one from Nov 2016 is still pending

Message 6 of 7
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

I've still got a pending dispute with Equifax from almost 4 months ago. It says Completion Date: 09/15/2016(Estimated). I realize this is just an estimation, but 4+ months seems a bit extreme. Should I call them & give them my confirmation # & see what they say, heh.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.