cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax FICO not a single positive on my report???

tag
molitar
Established Member

Equifax FICO not a single positive on my report???

I got a 623 FICO for Transunion with 6 accounts in good standing and long credit history.  But Experian is a joke at 538 with not a single thing reported in positive only negative so the 6 accounts that are good do not even show in that report.  Why?  How can something like this be resolved where Experian is not reporting any good?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

Re: Experian FICO not a single positive on my report???

Are the positive accounts on TU open or closed accounts? Not every creditor reports to all the credit bureaus. It is going to make it more difficult but you obviously are going to need to start rebuilding some positive history with creditors that are known to report to all three. Secured credit cards that report is the easiest option if you have the funds available to secure them.

And take a trip over to the rebuilding forum with your negative accounts information to see if there is any suggestions to deal with them. Also it might be worthwhile to use a monitoring service to see what is reporting to your EX report. Hopefully the positive accounts are reflected there which will give you more discretion in which new credit accounts you could apply for. People in the forums (myself included) have bounced back from worse credit histories than yours.Smiley Wink

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Experian FICO not a single positive on my report???

OP, did you mean Equifax? You can't buy your Experian FICO report.

Message 3 of 6
molitar
Established Member

Re: Equifax FICO not a single positive on my report???

Yes you are right I meant Equifax.  Strange to see no positives accounts showing for Equfax at all.

Two of the accounts of the 3 are open and current accounts and they do not show up as accounts helping the FICO score at all.  Yeah I been disputing my collections got several removed off most but Experian.  So I just started dispute process again on Experian.

Message 4 of 6
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

You may also want to carefully check the personal identifiers on the Equifax report that is not showing the accounts. Make sure things such as name, address and SSN are correct on the report. This is the way the bureau matches the information from the creditor to you. Oftentimes in a quick read it is easy to skip over mistakes on these items as we are focused on the credit information.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 6
cardslayer
Regular Contributor

+1 Totally agree with HOH. First thing you may want to do is get all of your personal identifiers, especially address and name info, in sync between all 3 reports. You would want to do that anyway as you begin your repair journey. That may not fix the immediate issue, but gets you closer to having your scores in sync.

When I started repairing, I had TU my highest at 580 or so, and I remember being excited when EQ broke 500 lol! I had no positive accounts on EQ or EX. Once I got my personal info in sync, I noticed that things started reporting accross all 3, and disputes suddenly started producing results. Good luck!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.