cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax Fico up 16pts due to re-investigation!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax Fico up 16pts due to re-investigation!

I finally got a score watch alert a few days ago that my Eq score went up 16pts.  When I read the alert, it listed my Chevron acct old bal $515, new $515 and said re-investigation- investigation in process.

Why did my scores go up? My chevron bill should be $90 as I paid it down but does it mean that Eq supresses the account while it's investigating disputes or couldit be something different?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax Fico up 16pts due to re-investigation!

tiburones5 wrote:
I finally got a score watch alert a few days ago that my Eq score went up 16pts.  When I read the alert, it listed my Chevron acct old bal $515, new $515 and said re-investigation- investigation in process.

Why did my scores go up? My chevron bill should be $90 as I paid it down but does it mean that Eq supresses the account while it's investigating disputes or couldit be something different?

It could be several things.  First we may need more information as to what else is on your report.  Next it is possible that the account was supressed while they were investigating.  So that account may not be calculated in your score.  

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh No!

Could my 16pt jump be due to disputing some EQ things yesterday?

If so where is my bump for a baddie coming off.

Feelin' a little blue now.
Message 3 of 4
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

There are some things FICO will not calculate while a TL is in dispute. Does that mean you should dispute in hopes of increasing your score? NO! This could easily backfire. 

Collections and public records do not apply and are never exempt while in dispute. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.